A Couple of New Knives

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from paps

paps

I've recently developed a couple of new (to me) knife models and thought I'd show them here since there seems to be a fair amount of interest in knife making.

The first one is a friction folder that has dual detent springs that help hold the blade in both the open and closed position. The blade is CPM-154 stainless steel and the handles are ruby red G10.

The second one is a framelock flipper with a D2 tools steel blade. One side of the frame is earth/coyote G10 and the lock side and pocket clip are made of titanium. This knife is ultra thin at less than 3/8" thick excluding the pocket clip. Thanks for takin a look! -Phil

Attachments

• 364K0912a.jpg
    364K0912a.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 217
  • 364K0912c.jpg
    364K0912c.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 183
  • 368K0912a.jpg
    368K0912a.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 238
  • 368K0912c.jpg
    368K0912c.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 211
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

They both look nice, Phil. I'm not real big on the coyote G-10 though. I'm a huge flipper fan and I really like that blade. The frame lock worries me a little though. It doesn't appear to egage enough of the blade to make me comfortable (at least in the photos).

paps

Thanks Billy and Chris.
Billy...the photo of the lockup is a little off center. The lock is catching plenty of the blade and is solid.

cnirenberg

Phil,
Those a just great. I haven't made any knives, but those sure look fantastic, love the filework on the back of the second one.

Rob73

My father was asking me about knife kits the other day. Haven't really found any sites that look like they supply quality hardware.

PaulDoug

They really look nice to me. Are those kits or do you do it all? I really would like to try a knife, but well, like I need another hobby!

paps

These are not kits. I did put together many kits when I was just getting into folders. They are a great learning tool, but it's much more rewarding to draw a design out on paper and then go build it.

OOPS

Paps, those are beautiful. I really like the red one. That is a particularly beautiful knife. If you don't mind a question from an amateur, I am wondering if you have any concerns about durability, since both are so thin? I realize its hard to bend titanium, but on the red one, would one be likely to apply enough pressure to flex the handle?

paps

Hi OOPS...don't mind questions at all. The titanium frame on the red one is made from 0.05" thick ti. It is very rigid at that thickness. On top of that, the G10 handle scales are very rigid as well. You'd have a very hard time flexing the handle. The ti on the framelock is 0.1" thick...near impossible to bend with your bare hands. Thanks for the interest and I'm happy to answer any more questions you may have.

Thanks for the comment johncrane...much appreciated!

Top Bottom