A couple of new Diamond Knurl Rollerballs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Larryreitz

Larryreitz

I finished up a couple of Diamond Knurl Rollerballs this weekend. The first is cast with Liquid Diamonds and black walnut shells and then segmented with black walnut wood. The second is black walnut segmented with "acrylic" pieces I bought in a grab bag quite some time ago. Comments, questions, criticism are all welcome. Thanks for looking.
Larry
_MG_9645.jpg
_MG_9646.jpg

magpens

Gorgeous looking pens !!

I like the way you have integrated the central, hybrid/acrylic portions of the barrels !!!!

Was it hard to do that with the angled cuts on the second pen ?

Larryreitz

Gorgeous looking pens !!

I like the way you have integrated the central, hybrid/acrylic portions of the barrels !!!!

Was it hard to do that with the angled cuts on the second pen ?
Not too difficult. I have made the cuts on a band saw, however, I have found the table saw to be easier and more accurate with the sled I made. The blade is obviously set at a 45 deg. angle. The biggest issue was keeping them glued together. I drilled them very slowly and they still came apart and had to be re-glued. Not a terrible imposition. I probably had them clamped too tight and squeezed out too much of the epoxy. It is a little frustrating trying to get a feel for that.

Top Bottom