A couple of my attempts at a Celtic Knot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dgsearle

dgsearle

I read a number of the posts on this site and watched a few Youtube videos prior to trying and I have only tried the thinner materials, but so far I think they've turned out ok. The first two I tried will not be posted.
The first pen is a slimline made from the Teak decking of the USS New Jersey Battleship, and the second is a spalted Tamerind. The Celtic cross material for both is birch veneer.

Attachments

• 20201124_165112.jpg
    20201124_165112.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 20201124_164812.jpg
    20201124_164812.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 189
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PreacherJon

I read a number of the posts on this site and watched a few Youtube videos prior to trying and I have only tried the thinner materials, but so far I think they've turned out ok. The first two I tried will not be posted.
The first pen is a slimline made from the Teak decking of the USS New Jersey Battleship, and the second is a spalted Tamerind. The Celtic cross material for both is birch veneer.
Good work... and as you continue you'll learn more and get better and better.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
The knots look pretty good. I'll encourage you to get the middle of each section a bit thinner. There is enough timber for you to get a slimmer (on a diet) profile. JMO!

Well done! đź‘Ť

jttheclockman

They look well done and as mentioned as you do more you will get even better and your eye will start picking up on the little things. I am not a fan of using a bandsaw for making these because the kerf is too thin. Sort of limits your infill material use. Thanks for showing and welcome to the world of segmenting where the mind is your only limitation.

Top Bottom