A couple of clarification questions re: stabilizing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darrin1200

Well I finally got around to getting a stabilizing chamber. 6" PVC.

I am hoping my CJ is still good, I believe it is, because I bought it about 4 years ago. I just added the activator, so we shall see.
I am planning to use separate containers, placed in my chamber, to hold the CJ. This way it will be simple and easy to keep colours separate. I currently have a few glass jars that I plan to use, that are tall and thin, for stabilizing longer blanks, roughly 10". My chamber is 12" tall.

First clarification question. Can I store the activated resin in glass jars, as long as they are not air tight?

The second question is about storing resin in the fridge. Is there a danger of contaminating the resin with water, caused by condensation when moving the jar from a cold fridge to a warm shop?

Thanks
I am starting to bake some blanks to lower the moisture content right now, so the next step will be my first stabilization, probably tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1080Wayne

A 10 inch blank in a jar in a 12 inch chamber doesn`t leave a lot of freeboard for the bubbling that will take place . Apply the vacuum VERY slowly , watching continuously , so that you don`t aspirate the juice into your pump .

Shouldn`t be any problem with glass jar storage . Any moisture added from condensation will be vacuumed away .

darrin1200

A 10 inch blank in a jar in a 12 inch chamber doesn`t leave a lot of freeboard for the bubbling that will take place . Apply the vacuum VERY slowly , watching continuously , so that you don`t aspirate the juice into your pump .

Shouldn`t be any problem with glass jar storage . Any moisture added from condensation will be vacuumed away .
Thanks for the tip Wayne. I hadn't thought about that.

Top Bottom