A couple of Beauties..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ligget

Ligget

Hi lads and lassies, straight from the workshop of Ligget Pen Works here are a couple of pens that I want to share with you all. They are of course Elegant Beauties both have black titanium hardware and acrylic barrels, comments welcome!:)

PICT0027-1.jpg

PICT0029-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rollerbob

Ok, thought I liked the others, but now I'm beginning to waver on my first choice. These are beautiful!.......................Someday, maybe I'll get there!:beat-up:

jttheclockman

Mark I know we talked about this but I am coming over your house to take the photos of my pens. You have the perfect setup outside.

By the way nice pens and thanks for showing.

johncrane

Mark!
you killed it mate!:biggrin: there bl--dy rippers!:biggrin: is the first one a Sheaffer blank that Elliot sold here looks a bit like one , also your second pen blank Mark, that was one of my best $$$ spinners too date.:wink::biggrin:

workinforwood

Wow..those are some spectacular looking pens. They'll look great in your collection..I heard that little company "Ligget Penworks" pumps out some quality pens! Good choice purchasing them from him.

Ligget

Mark!
you killed it mate!:biggrin: there bl--dy rippers!:biggrin: is the first one a Sheaffer blank that Elliot sold here looks a bit like one , also your second pen blank Mark, that was one of my best $$$ spinners too date.:wink::biggrin:

John the blanks were bought so long ago I honestly cannot remember whom I bought them from, you may be correct as it was definately an IAP seller. They are only 17mm square but I wish they were bigger to enable higher end pens to be done.:rolleyes:

The purple blank is also a favourite of many of my female customers so I know exactly what you mean!:biggrin:

Munsterlander

Dang, Mark - nice work!! I've yet to try anything not wood (well, OK, I did use one of the super cool blanks I got from TurnTex that is a mix), but you guys keep posting pictures like this and you're wearing me down...

Kaspar

The green is stunning and elegant. The second shows your usual fantastic craftsmanship, but it also points out a problem I, personally, have with so many of the acrylic blanks: they look great, but really, what kit would go with that? In many cases, the best solution I can find is to dispense with the kit externals, and make them closed-end.

I have the same problem with some kits. I love the look of the Gold and Black Ti Elegant Sierra, but what really works with both of those finishes? I haven't seen one thing yet here that I thought went well with that kit. (I think a light Water Moccasin snake blank might work, but I haven't tried it yet.)

Anyway, none of this little digression should be taken to detract from your always superb work.

Munsterlander

The green is stunning and elegant. The second shows your usual fantastic craftsmanship, but it also points out a problem I, personally, have with so many of the acrylic blanks: they look great, but really, what kit would go with that? In many cases, the best solution I can find is to dispense with the kit externals, and make them closed-end.

I have the same problem with some kits. I love the look of the Gold and Black Ti Elegant Sierra, but what really works with both of those finishes? I haven't seen one thing yet here that I thought went well with that kit. (I think a light Water Moccasin snake blank might work, but I haven't tried it yet.)

Anyway, none of this little digression should be taken to detract from your always superb work.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, of course - so just my personal opinion, but I think super-color stuff like these acrylics or something like pink ivory looks great on either the Elegant Beauties Mark picked, or the mirror version of the Aero (black ti on the nib and clip) - they're both neutral enough to not clash with the strong color - a perfect pairing in my mind. Also just my opinion, but I think DIW burl looks great with the Gold and Black Ti Elegant Sierra, and even better with the gold/chrome Aero. The gold plating really draws out the gold in the wood.

its_virgil

Hi Mark,
I really like those two blanks. The pens look great. The EB is quickly moving in front of the sierra as my favorite one barrel pen. Actually, the sierra is the only one barrell pen I've ever really liked. So, thanks for showing a couple of really nice "personal favorites" of mine. I enjoyed seeing them...and seeing more pens from Liggett Pen Works.
Do a good turn daily!
don

Top Bottom