A couple new pieces

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from holmqer

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Sweet Gum Bowl - An experiment with a new piercing tool that seems to be working out. Around 6" (15cm) across. Finished with EM6000 waterborne lacquer over Bush Oil.

Poplar Hollow Form Vase - The second of my experiments with the Chris Pytlik dye technique. My deepest hollow form yet, just over 8" (20cm) deep. Finished with EM6000 waterborne lacquer.

Attachments

• Sweet Gum Pierced Bowl 01.jpg
    Sweet Gum Pierced Bowl 01.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 215
  • Poplar Pytlik HF 02.jpg
    Poplar Pytlik HF 02.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 218
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nava1uni

You just keep doing amazing work. What kind of engraving tool did you use to do this one? What is the one that you have used on your other engravings. Your work is always a delight to view. Thank you for sharing.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks

Cindy - Normally I use an NSK Presto for piercing, but I am experimenting with a cheap Chinese right angle dental handpiece. Got the handpiece and special fittings new on eBay for $35.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Those are really nice. I am interested in how you handled the bottom of the pierced one. Any chance of getting a shot of the bottom?

Added a photo of the bottom. The bottom is smooth, a sort of rock-a-bye bowl design that I have been toying with recently

Attachments

• Sweet Gum Pierced Bowl 01 bottom.jpg
    Sweet Gum Pierced Bowl 01 bottom.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 133
Top Bottom