A couple more yosegi experiments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alan Morrison

Still playing with yosegi-like patterns ( still a bit rough and they have little inaccuracies in places )
Critiques welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0979.jpg
    IMG_0979.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0978.jpg
    IMG_0978.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0976.jpg
    IMG_0976.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0971.jpg
    IMG_0971.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 148
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Those are beautifully done !!! . Thanks for showing !!!

Please tell us again what "yosegi" actually means.

Also, could you show us an assembled/glued blank before you turn it ..... that would give me a better idea of the "starting point". . Thanks !!!

Alan Morrison

Those are beautifully done !!! . Thanks for showing !!!

Please tell us again what "yosegi" actually means.

Also, could you show us an assembled/glued blank before you turn it ..... that would give me a better idea of the "starting point". . Thanks !!!
Hello Mal. Yosegi is also called Japanese marquetry. The process can be seen on youtube if you look up 'Yosegi zaiku'
I have some photographs in my media though I will try to post more detailed ones when time permits. My focus is getting my veg growing now.

TDahl

Very nice. I have been researching Yosegi since I saw your last post. The symmetry on the chevrons looks really nice, The spacing looks pretty even. How did you get the spacing to appear even?

jttheclockman

Like what you are doing. Was not aware that is what it is called. I have had a design I had seen on FB quite awhile ago that I had saved and tried dissecting it but the video is too fast so every once in awhile I try slowing it down to comprehend the cuts. As simple as they look there are those hidden tidbits that are not shared and that is what I try to read into. Someday I may give it a real try. Like to transfer to a disc so that I can take into the shop and slow play it for each step. You seem to have a grasp on to the makings of some of these designs. Keep up the good work.

Top Bottom