A Couple More Simple Segmented Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Larryreitz

Larryreitz

My previous post showed pens from single barrel tubes. I wanted to try the same on a Euro type, in this case a Designer NT from PSI. That pen has been a good seller for me and I want to see if buyers are willing to part with a couple more bucks for a segmented version. The two pens are made from Bird's Eye Maple and Rosewood, and finished with GluBoost. C&C always welcome. Thanks for looking.
Larry

_MG_9687.jpg_MG_9688.jpg_MG_9686.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
My previous post showed pens from single barrel tubes. I wanted to try the same on a Euro type, in this case a Designer NT from PSI. That pen has been a good seller for me and I want to see if buyers are willing to part with a couple more bucks for a segmented version. The two pens are made from Bird's Eye Maple and Rosewood, and finished with GluBoost. C&C always welcome. Thanks for looking.
Larry

View attachment 291091View attachment 291092View attachment 291090
I like the mated pairs, what is the black inset material?

Larryreitz

I like the mated pairs, what is the black inset material?
On the pen on the right I used some of the dark wood sawdust to fill in a small gap caused by a less than perfect glue-up. Other than that no other insert material was used. CA was the choice of glues for attaching the segments.
Larry

egnald

Very Nice - I really like your segmenting shapes, I will probably try to be a copycat. Did you cut the blanks freehand? On a scroll saw?
Regards,
Dave

Larryreitz

Very Nice - I really like your segmenting shapes, I will probably try to be a copycat. Did you cut the blanks freehand? On a scroll saw?
Regards,
Dave
I cut the blanks on a band saw. I can't take credit for the procedure. I meant to give credit in my first post but. I couldn't find the article and quit looking. Anyhow, thanks for the nudge and once aagain I found the article in the library. It is called Swirling Segments and is the last entry in the segmenting tutorials in the library. The author's IAP name is UKpenmaker. It's really pretty easy. Have fun.
Larry

Top Bottom