A couple in Olive

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolf creek knives

I was finally allowed by my wife, and my doc, to spend a few hours per day in the shop after working through this herniated disc that all started first of April. While I was off my good friend, who is an Olive grower and Vineyard owner, sent me a box of 150 year old Olive wood blanks that he cut up for me into blanks (30) and bottle stopper blanks (24). I've never turned Olive so here's my first attempt and I must say I really liked turning it and the aroma was something else.
The pen on the left is a 30 cal from Old Fox Pen Blanks and I used it after my friend told me he was looking to buy some 30cal rounds for one of his rifles. This will give him a start even if he can't fire it. The pen on the right is from PSI and is a Graduate kit that I made for his wife, who is also a close friend. They'll also be getting more as soon as some items arrive.
So, not only did I receive the blanks, inside the box was a bottle of their award winning, Estate bottled Olive Oil.
Thanks for looking.

30 cal and graduate in olive.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jonkou

Tom, was looking at Old Fox pens the other day and Donald sent me the specs on the 30.06 kit. This is the first one I've seen, like that it's a real bullet and plan to order some. Curious, what is your opinion of the kit and the overall quality? Thanks.

Tom, was looking at Old Fox pens the other day and Donald sent me the specs on the 30.06 kit. This is the first one I've seen, like that it's a real bullet and plan to order some. Curious, what is your opinion of the kit and the overall quality? Thanks.

The quality of the pen kits are great. Solid and well put together. All you have to do is turn the blank with the included tube, press the clip and cap on and that's it. The transmission and tip all come put together. Makes for a nice pen and it's super easy. I use the 30cal bolt action bushing and it matches up almost perfect. Once I've turned it to the bushing, I take the blank off the mandrel and see how it fits against the case, make any needed adjustments and you're good to go. The clip end takes a standard bushing for like a slimline. Super easy pen and I highly recommend them. I know I'll be making more for sale at different venues.

Jonkou

The quality of the pen kits are great. Solid and well put together. All you have to do is turn the blank with the included tube, press the clip and cap on and that's it. The transmission and tip all come put together. Makes for a nice pen and it's super easy. I use the 30cal bolt action bushing and it matches up almost perfect. Once I've turned it to the bushing, I take the blank off the mandrel and see how it fits against the case, make any needed adjustments and you're good to go. The clip end takes a standard bushing for like a slimline. Super easy pen and I highly recommend them. I know I'll be making more for sale at different venues.
Thanks Tom, appreciate your assessment.

Top Bottom