A Couple Big Ones

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

W.Y.

Very nice pair.

Out of curiosity, how do you mount those when turning? Are you using a waste block?

Just checking your reply to another person here I see that you have discovered they are mounted by the 1/2" hole but you might have noticed I generally mount them on a separate lathe just to free up the RM but they can indeed be mounted right on the RM itself and sanded down that way. There is no turning with lathe tools at all with them . Just sanding . I have also used chucks and glue blocks for some solid bottom no hole ones but the majority are done with the half inch spindle mount .

No way am I wanting to sound like bragging because I am not but I have the most complete information and instruction source on the Ringmaster Lathe Turning board in my Woodworking Friends site than anywhere else in the world. I have been responsible for a huge surge in the sale of Ringmasters even though I have no connection whatsoever with the company and receive no commissions . I simply like sharing anywhere that time allows me . The factory has gone on a waiting list for orders some of the time in the past year or so .

Last edited:

JimB

Very nice pair.

Out of curiosity, how do you mount those when turning? Are you using a waste block?

Just checking your reply to another person here I see that you have discovered they are mounted by the 1/2" hole but you might have noticed I generally mount them on a separate lathe just to free up the RM but they can indeed be mounted right on the RM itself and sanded down that way. There is no turning with lathe tools at all with them . Just sanding . I have also used chucks and glue blocks for some solid bottom no hole ones but the majority are done with the half inch spindle mount .

No way am I wanting to sound like bragging because I am not but I have the most complete information and instruction source on the Ringmaster Lathe Turning board in my Woodworking Friends site than anywhere else in the world. I have been responsible for a huge surge in the sale of Ringmasters even though I have no connection whatsoever with the company and receive no commissions . I simply like sharing anywhere that time allows me . The factory has gone on a waiting list for orders some of the time in the past year or so .

Thanks William. I watched several of your videos. They are very interesting. I will be watching more of them soon. I Had never heard of a Ringmaster lathe before so that was something new for me. I had been wondering how you cut the rings since it didn't seem like you did them on a bandsaw.

Thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom