A Christmas gift surprise and Mr. A game #48...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

Hey Alankulwicki7......

Attachments

• hijack21200173165.gif
    hijack21200173165.gif
    8.6 KB · Views: 204

jennera

Hi Jennera,

I was surprised that you hadn't taken the offer earlier so that is good that you're in.

I think is time that Rebecca become a member and post things herself, there is nothing wrong with you doing that for her but I believe, some of us have been waiting in being able to interact directly with Rebecca so, tell her that, please...!

She is going to be happy with all the blanks you have been gathering, for her Christmas present, let's see if she can recognise the ones from me...!:biggrin::wink:

Thank you for the ice cream "donation":) most appreciated.

Have a safe and enjoyable Festive Season...!

Cheers
George

Hi, George! It's been busy and I haven't gotten to spend as much time on the forums as I like. :)

I am definitely "encouraging" Rebecca to open her own account, especially with the bash coming up. She will be very busy after the holidays with robotics so I suggested she start thinking and working on bash entries over the Holiday break. She will have some nice blanks to use!

Jennifer

robutacion

Add me to the list George, also I add a few more $$ for another attempt at your coconut blanks. Thank you for all you do.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Paypal received, thank...!

I took note of your request regarding the coconut husk blanks, don't worry you will have a second chance at them.

Thank you and have a safe and enjoyable Festive Season.

Cheers
George

Mr Vic

Hey George, do they give coal to the bad kids on Christmas in Australia? throw some in AlanKulwicki's box.

Coal, I like coal. Makes great pens. Looks a little like Ebony when done although it's a little dusty :biggrin::biggrin::eek:

I like coal too... If I get coal I don't have to split fire wood....

George - PayPal sent for one present.

robutacion

I'm in.
Surprise me, Paypal sent from my wife's account.
Can you label the types of wood please?

Thanks.

Nick g.

I think just about every blank I have gotten from George (especially the wood) has a number on the end so you can compare it to his wood list found on his website.

Thank you for taking the initiative to answer Nick's question, however, he doesn't need to look on the web-store for that timber list, in fact, each box sent from this Christmas gift offer of mine will have a printed "timbers list" inside so that identification is an easy process.

The only thing people have to remember is that I identify all my woods with numbers there is, each number corresponds to a tree species, this was done so that marking/identifying the blanks is easier.

Cheers
George

edicehouse

I have not ordered much wood blanks the last year. Did a lot of cocobolo this past year.

The thing I always forget is the price tag scared me, but then when I put it in the conversion, it is not as scary. Say your total is $40 AU that is just a few cents over $30 USD.

robutacion

I have not ordered much wood blanks the last year. Did a lot of cocobolo this past year.

The thing I always forget is the price tag scared me, but then when I put it in the conversion, it is not as scary. Say your total is $40 AU that is just a few cents over $30 USD.

Yeah, the conversion "thing" does make a big difference even though my base prices have not changed for years.

I don't have such a thing as a minimum amount of orders per person to allow someone to be able to sign up for any of my games or any gifts I want to give to IAP members, I treat everybody the same, regardless...!

As for the Cocobolo, is a pretty wood to look at but not one that I would go "nuts" to get it, there are places where I can buy it but, I don't buy wood unless it is a small block or a few pen blanks for my private collection, I don't know why I feel a need to have in my hands so woods from all over the world, I touch sufficient wood daily but I still like to get some of the worlds pretty wood I never have seen or had in my hands, silly, huh...????:biggrin:

Cheers
George

edicehouse

Yeah, the conversion "thing" does make a big difference even though my base prices have not changed for years.

I don't have such a thing as a minimum amount of orders per person to allow someone to be able to sign up for any of my games or any gifts I want to give to IAP members, I treat everybody the same, regardless...!

As for the Cocobolo, is a pretty wood to look at but not one that I would go "nuts" to get it, there are places where I can buy it but, I don't buy wood unless it is a small block or a few pen blanks for my private collection, I don't know why I feel a need to have in my hands so woods from all over the world, I touch sufficient wood daily but I still like to get some of the worlds pretty wood I never have seen or had in my hands, silly, huh...????:biggrin:

Cheers
George

The last couple years Woodcraft has had a pack for sale, that I picked up. Thought I had more than I would ever use, but had a couple 6 pen packs ordered. But I know what you mean about wanting different species.

robutacion

Update...!

Well, peoples, yesterday 15/12/17 the local Post Office didn't like us much and our 40 parcels to the processed that day Friday, the last day of this week for posting stuff...!:eek::biggrin:

There is only one parcel that was left behind due to lack of address detail, it will go Monday.

So, in all, there is a total of 400 pen blanks sent away, don't be shy and miss out on this offer, I'm not going to run out of pen blanks in a hurry, remember that Merissa and I we started this venture 12 years ago when we moved up here, I have been cutting pen blanks since and I have cut as many as I can to give a decent stock for years to come, we have slow down considerably since Merissa developed health issues and I just got old and warned.

With that said, I should also say that in the good days I work that bandsaw pretty hard, pen blanks boxes always accumulated on the floor ready for sanding, hundreds of them that Merissa still helps by waxing them for you all to enjoy so, she deserves that ice cream ten-time folder.:biggrin:

The "Lolly-Shop" shed as visitors call it has grown not in the physical area but in storage and shelving capacity using metal shelving system and wood made ones, off-course so, instead of stored in boxes, they are now in alphabetical order, easier to reach but also easier to see by visitors.

About 12 years cutting pen blanks and I still have empty shelves here and there, the thing is, I keep adding more shelves all of the time and my intention is to have them overflowing with blanks sooner rather than later so, I'm cutting and cutting and cutting, I'm far from done, will I run out of logs...? With time some I will, inevitable if I stop looking for more of the same which I'm pretty close to that, however, I have lots of logs to will take me to the day I die, a "timbers list" with fewer numbers/species but still some...!:biggrin:

Not to forget the thousands of blanks in boxes on the workshop floor ready for sanding and wrapped wood "towers" drying on the on a little shed.

But knowing me, if I come across a "treasure" I will need to be very sick not to pick it up, huh..? I'm like that, yes.:)

Talking about the Lolly-shop and the 400 blanks already gone, quite honestly, I can't see any difference in the stock, a small drop in a fair size lake, many years on the making and hopefully a few more years to keep it LIVE.

I took a few pics of the Lolly-Shop quite recently, still a job in progress but almost all done, after already mentioning a few times this special "shed" I decided to share with you all how it looks today and the goodies everywhere...!:eek::biggrin::wink:

Enjoy...!

PS: Are we going to reach at least 50 I'm in...???:confused:

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 229
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 237
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 226
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 221
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

robutacion

Nice lolly-shop pickies! I didn't think is was that neat :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. Mighty impressive.

Thanks Mark,

It was never this tidy for many years, I struggled for years in places to put the blanks when finished, the boxes system was an improvement but not on my back, each box would carry 200 blanks when full, one box for each species there were lots of boxes each one numbered with the timber name and a time where Mr Murphy had played havoc with me, trying to put an order together was time-consuming and a nightmare, almost each time the blank(s) I needed where on the bottom of the pile of 8 boxes up, image put a 10 items order together...? I don't miss those times...!

There is always an opportunity for improvement and we do the best we can considering the challenges...! :biggrin:

You know all about that don't you, Mark and possibly so many others...??:)

Cheers
George

Csteck00

Good Morning George,

I would gladly take a surprise package from you. I have sent the PP $ to you.

Thanks so much,

Chris

edicehouse

Well, peoples, yesterday 15/12/17 the local Post Office didn't like us much and our 40 parcels to the processed that day Friday, the last day of this week for posting stuff...!:eek::biggrin:

There is only one parcel that was left behind due to lack of address detail, it will go Monday.

So, in all, there is a total of 400 pen blanks sent away, don't be shy and miss out on this offer, I'm not going to run out of pen blanks in a hurry, remember that Merissa and I we started this venture 12 years ago when we moved up here, I have been cutting pen blanks since and I have cut as many as I can to give a decent stock for years to come, we have slow down considerably since Merissa developed health issues and I just got old and warned.

With that said, I should also say that in the good days I work that bandsaw pretty hard, pen blanks boxes always accumulated on the floor ready for sanding, hundreds of them that Merissa still helps by waxing them for you all to enjoy so, she deserves that ice cream ten-time folder.:biggrin:

The "Lolly-Shop" shed as visitors call it has grown not in the physical area but in storage and shelving capacity using metal shelving system and wood made ones, off-course so, instead of stored in boxes, they are now in alphabetical order, easier to reach but also easier to see by visitors.

About 12 years cutting pen blanks and I still have empty shelves here and there, the thing is, I keep adding more shelves all of the time and my intention is to have them overflowing with blanks sooner rather than later so, I'm cutting and cutting and cutting, I'm far from done, will I run out of logs...? With time some I will, inevitable if I stop looking for more of the same which I'm pretty close to that, however, I have lots of logs to will take me to the day I die, a "timbers list" with fewer numbers/species but still some...!:biggrin:

Not to forget the thousands of blanks in boxes on the workshop floor ready for sanding and wrapped wood "towers" drying on the on a little shed.

But knowing me, if I come across a "treasure" I will need to be very sick not to pick it up, huh..? I'm like that, yes.:)

Talking about the Lolly-shop and the 400 blanks already gone, quite honestly, I can't see any difference in the stock, a small drop in a fair size lake, many years on the making and hopefully a few more years to keep it LIVE.

I took a few pics of the Lolly-Shop quite recently, still a job in progress but almost all done, after already mentioning a few times this special "shed" I decided to share with you all how it looks today and the goodies everywhere...!:eek::biggrin::wink:

Enjoy...!

Cheers
George

I just called my oldest daughter in and showed her the pictures. Anytime your mother says I have too many blanks she needs to see this.

I think I am suffering from Pen Envy.

robutacion

Enjoy...!

Cheers
George

I just called my oldest daughter in and showed her the pictures. Anytime your mother says I have too many blanks she needs to see this.

I think I am suffering from Pen Envy.

Humm, who would tell that my stock would ever help you out...???:biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

You would think a guy with that much wood would go into business or something!!!:eek::):biggrin::wink:

Yea, well, I never have hidden the fact that I have a very busy hobby but, there's where I want it to be, visitors get a half or even full day "attention" and they don't need to buy anything, image if you were that visitor, do you think I could do that if I had a real "business"...??? yep, precisely and I like it like that...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

edicehouse

I bet George lays in his shed at night, sort of like the scene in American Beauty with the rose petals, except with wood blanks. (youtube Rose American Beauty)

robutacion

I bet George lays in his shed at night, sort of like the scene in American Beauty with the rose petals, except with wood blanks. (youtube Rose American Beauty)

Now, I had to watch that clip as I had no idea what was about and I have 2 comments for you, the first is, how terrible of you considering me being laying belly up bare skin and have a bunch of wood blanks falling in my head and other men bits including the bare **** nipples, how dare you...? :eek::biggrin::wink:

My second comment is, I'm mad about wood but not that mad, at night I'm more concerned/concentrated on finding my sleep, wood dreams happen after that, normally after daylight...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom