A CASE to be made of...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wood-of-1kind

wood-of-1kind

I design and make many different "style" of pen cases. Probably make more "flats" than what I actually turn as pens. No two(2) pens that I make are alike. I like "unique" artwork and have never aspired to mass produce. In saying that, I've recently made multiple pen cases in order to keep my cases 'affordable' for my customers. Don't really sell cases as much as I like to include them with my pen sales. It just does not seem right to sell a pen that you have 'hand made' and then go and offer an 'off the shelf' box. In an effort to find a balance between truly one-of-1kind pen cases and hand made cases, this is my idea of a compromise.

MVC-001S.JPG

MVC-003S.JPG

MVC-010S.JPG

MVC-015S.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

I think I would copyright that design before the Chinese see it! They will steal you design, knock it off and sell it for $4. Very nicely done!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Nice looking boxes and great idea, Peter. One question...what keep the top from flipping up when it is in the closed position? If you have the pen inside and you turn the box upside down, does the flip up open?

wood-of-1kind

Nice looking boxes and great idea, Peter. One question...what keep the top from flipping up when it is in the closed position? If you have the pen inside and you turn the box upside down, does the flip up open?

Thanks Curtis. The box does not have a clasp to keep it securely closed if turned upside down. I suppose that I could put a mini-dowel "pin" throgh the side and thereby prevent mishaps.

bitshird

Smart looking pen boxes Peter, I thought I saw that you had done some similar to those with a dovetailed top, and a finger grab on the plain side. Nice boxes anyway!!

angboy

Great pen cases Peter! Yep, very individualized so that even if you don't make them as "unique" as many of your pen boxes, people would still know they aren't getting a mass produced box.

Top Bottom