A/C for my Shop!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

d_bondi

Well, I've been wanting to add air conditioning to my garage/shop for years now.

Today, this shipment arrived. It is a Pioneer 2-Ton 24,000 BTU 19 SEER2 Mini-Split Heat Pump.

I have already roughed in the electrical, a 20 amp 240 volt dedicated 2-pole breaker and circuit and built out a nice level space outside for the outside unit. If all goes well, I'll have A/C running in the shop by Monday or Tuesday, Hopefully Sooner!

I installed insulated garage doors and had the exterior walls and attic space insulated many years ago, so this will be a game changer.

Bonus... I can scrap the 240V electric heater, since this unit is a heat pump and is SO much more efficient.

B1FB745B-45E7-4D57-A801-DA59FEBD6FD0_1_105_c.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hippie3180

Sweet!!!

It's already been up into the 90's here and the garage is heating up. I'm expecting a replay of last summer with triple digits in the garage. I just powered through with lots of breaks a/c would be so nice.

Rileythepuppy

I have been thinking of getting a mini split and I just insulated the garage door. Here in SC the garage gets so hot that fans do almost nothing for keeping you cool.

bsshog40

I was actually thinking of putting that same size split unit in my shop. Reading up on one was showing that the 24,000 btu uses more than 30 amps. I only have 50 amps to my shop. Not sure if that would interfere with some of my larger shop tools.

d_bondi

I was actually thinking of putting that same size split unit in my shop. Reading up on one was showing that the 24,000 btu uses more than 30 amps. I only have 50 amps to my shop. Not sure if that would interfere with some of my larger shop tools.
This one is 240 VAC at 20 Amps so you need a double pole 20 amp breaker where the poles are connected so that if one trips they both do.

bsshog40

This one is 240 VAC at 20 Amps so you need a double pole 20 amp breaker where the poles are connected so that if one trips they both do.
I was looking at a 240v system. I may look at the make you're showing. I just googled amp usage a while back on one, so I'm guessing the 30 amp draw was just a generic response.

Top Bottom