A bit of Irish Art

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Alan Morrison

Alan Morrison

Cut on the scroll saw and taken from the art of Irish painter George Callaghan. IMG_2639.JPGIMG_2640.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BULLWINKLE

Beautiful work! I like the artwork you chose very much. I admire the patience it takes to scroll saw. I myself have little patience. One of the members of the woodworking group I joined does very intricate work on his scroll saw. I don't have the patience. Here's examples of his work. Typically it takes him about a week for each one he does . I'd probably call it quits after the fifth cut !
He also does jigsaw puzzles on his scroll saw. There's a free program that creates the patterns. He prints them and tapes them to the wood.

Attachments

• 6561478F-304F-4B45-9049-64E5E859C509.jpeg
    6561478F-304F-4B45-9049-64E5E859C509.jpeg
    613.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 77E3FCEF-2288-47F1-A4DA-C644B3CC4739.jpeg
    77E3FCEF-2288-47F1-A4DA-C644B3CC4739.jpeg
    474.6 KB · Views: 62

jttheclockman

Love the work Alan. Scrollsawing can be very relaxing and rewarding. You can create works of art as you just shown using different medium and skills. Thanks for showing. Always love to see scrollsaw work.

Scrollsawing is my first true hobby that I still find time to do a few pieces. The samples that Mr. Bullwinkle put up are both time consuming and challenging because of the delicate areas the cuts wind up in. Just like pen turning having many different styles and categories, so does scrollsawing. We see 2 of them here with Alan's being one and other2 being another style. Puzzles, I do a few myself and have posted these before. They sell pretty well as a gag gift at times.

Copy of IMGP0218.JPG
Copy of IMGP0220.JPG

BULLWINKLE

Love the work Alan. Scrollsawing can be very relaxing and rewarding. You can create works of art as you just shown using different medium and skills. Thanks for showing. Always love to see scrollsaw work.

Scrollsawing is my first true hobby that I still find time to do a few pieces. The samples that Mr. Bullwinkle put up are both time consuming and challenging because of the delicate areas the cuts wind up in. Just like pen turning having many different styles and categories, so does scrollsawing. We see 2 of them here with Alan's being one and other2 being another style. Puzzles, I do a few myself and have posted these before. They sell pretty well as a gag gift at times.

View attachment 351792View attachment 351793
Very nice work!!!!!

jttheclockman

John, I assume that the 'money' is photocopied and glued to the plywood.
If so then do you put a coating on it?
It is actually Movie Prop money. You see this stuff in many movies. yes it has a lacquer top coat. A thin piece of plywood and the back is actual back of money so you can really mix things up when trying to put together.

Top Bottom