A Beer Bottle Beer Bottle Opener

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
My brother built a beer barn on his farm (The Rancho not so Grande) by reconstructing our old barbeque pit building from back when mom & dad had a little country store & also sold barbeque on weekends. He has a birthday later this month, so I made him this bottle opener for his beer barn. It's the size & shape of a 12-ounce Shiner Bock beer bottle. I made it from an old cedar post from his place, salvaged from an old fence that we helped our dad build many years ago.

Attachments

• bottle1.jpg
    bottle1.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 314
  • bottle2.jpg
    bottle2.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 319
  • LeonsBeerBarn.jpg
    LeonsBeerBarn.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 308
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Two thumbs up Edgar! Wonderful that the cedar has special meaning!
I am a sure he will like it!

I made a bottle stopper once for a neighbor in the shape of their favorite beer bottle. It was well received.

CREID

"A Beer Bottle Beer Bottle Opener"
Ok, now type that six times fast.
I would ask you to say it six times, but I wouldn't be able to hear ya.:biggrin:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Great background - and a wonderful grain to the wood!

Thanks Mark, I've processed several of these old 50-60 yo cedar posts and they've all had some of the most striking grain that I've ever seen in cedar. I don't think we have very many left that are big enough to yield much useful wood, but I'm going to gather up all that I can on our next trip back to the old home place.

Krash

So how many bottles of shinerbock were needed to ensure that the bottle opener was perfectly sized?:tongue:

I'm sure he had to do a few test runs to make sure it operated correctly!

Plus he had to write the operator's manual ... you know with pictures and Surgeon General warnings!

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
So how many bottles of shinerbock were needed to ensure that the bottle opener was perfectly sized?:tongue:

A full case :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

I wanted to be sure that I had a large enough sample to be able to average out any manufacturing variations in the bottle sizes. :bananen_smilies046:

Last edited:

shastastan

A full case :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

I wanted to be sure that I had a large enough sample to be able to average out any manufacturing variations in the bottle sizes. :bananen_smilies046:

Ha, ha, Very creative retort, Ed.

I'm going to make one on a smaller scale for my son. Going to make it out of alder or some other hardwood scrap. Hope you don't mind? Thanks for sharing.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member

Ha, ha, Very creative retort, Ed.

I'm going to make one on a smaller scale for my son. Going to make it out of alder or some other hardwood scrap. Hope you don't mind? Thanks for sharing.

Absolutely not - have at it & please post a photo when you are done.

There's certainly nothing particularly original about what I've done with these bottles & I'm especially grateful to Bob Wemm for getting me started on these things.

Here's another idea that I'm going to try soon. I'm going to make some bottles the size of a 7 ounce beer bottle & put these threaded inserts into the neck so they can be used as a beer keg tap handle.
E Z Lok P N 400 6 3 8 16 Threaded Brass Insert for Wood 10 Pieces | eBay

Edgar

Hawkdave

Both the Beer Barn and the Bottle Opener with ties back to your parents, what a great way to remember them when you have a gathering.

Well done!!!

Dave.

kyaggie

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Thanks Michael, I don't know why I didn't think to check Woodcraft since I drive right by their store every day. DUH!

Top Bottom