A Baron on the Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

alamocdc

The Baron is bright copper rollerball sporting more Cypress Knee from my years old failed stabilization effort. I had hopes for it when I cut it because it looked like I got decent penetration with this one. Alas, this was not the case. But I was able to salvage it and this is the result.

The Sierra is satin copper and sports a fairly nice piece of Greek Olivewood I acquired from an IAP member some years back (unfortunately, I don't remember who to thank). I love the smell of this stuff.

Both pens were dipped twice in Minwax Polycrylic and polished.

Attachments

• 640BaronCU_cypressknee.jpg
    640BaronCU_cypressknee.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 270
  • 640SierraSC_greek_olive.jpg
    640SierraSC_greek_olive.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 238
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

The finish looks like it has plenty of 'depth', and the shape...definitely different then what is usually seen.

Scott (cypress knee hunting) B

The shape on these pens works. It seems like when I try that it ends up looking like a lump that I missed. The grain on that Sierra is very nice!

alamocdc

Thanks, all! That shape has long been my signature. If you have seen Chris' (TheWishman) comments about Billy bumps, these be those. I probably wasn't the first to use a shape like this, but I do and have used it more than any I have seen. It is my most predominent turned shape, though once in awhile I throw out a YoyoSpin trubute.

Top Bottom