7 new pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Greg O'Sherwood

Well, I spend much of today turning some new pens, including a couple cigars, which are new to me. 7 is the most I've done in one day in the 4 months since I started.
I had some major issues with the blue/purple/multicolored magnum. First the nib crushed in, then the black plastic center piece was cracked, then another nib with a bad scratch...took three kits to make one pen...:mad:

Anyway, I had loads of fun and spent time with my boys since they are my "apprentices". Apprentices in my shop get to help choose the wood/kit combination and sweep. They get paid in M&M's and GummyWorms, they think it's a bargain!
While finishing the Fishers of Men pen, I apparently inhaled too much CA fumes and now I'm sniffling, coughing and my eyes are watering something fierce...I gotta get a powered mask. Maybe a Trend AirShield or similar. Oh, don't worry, I kick the kids out of the shop when I'm messing with CA or exotics. I don't need them getting sick and miserable, too.:redface:

Anyway, here they are, sorry for the poor pics;

Attachments

• 023209-7pens-resized.jpg
    023209-7pens-resized.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Thanks guys, I sold 2 Fishers of Men and a computer pen today at church.

Gotta head downstairs and make a few more, I guess...

That CA reaction I got yesterday is still buggin' me. I really need a mask. Any used ones out there for sale?

Greg

I have a Delta 1 1/2 hp in the upstairs shop, but nothing down in the turning area. I recently bought one of those Steel City mini dust collector and I can use that while the kids are awake, but not after bed time, which is when I do most of my finishing. My turning shop is below their bedrooms. I may just have to schedule my CA finishes only when I can run the DC.

Thanks!
Gregory

Top Bottom