7 most recent Acrylic pens...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Warren White

...and a lesson learned about getting older.

I took quite a bit of time preparing 7 acrylic blanks to make my standard slimline pens. But obviously, not enough time to think things through.

As I was finishing the turning on a white acrylic (the first in the series of 7), I thought "Oh, I need to paint the inside of this!" My next thought was "Well, it is too late now, you dummy!"

My first reaction to this dilemma was to throw out all seven blanks which were all ready to turn. You know, drilled, glued, faced off to size..... My wife said, well, why don't you just finish them anyway? I had two white, two green, one purple, one red, and one blue.

It turns out that the issue doesn't affect the solid colors too much. I think adding the white to the inside makes the finished pen 'pop' a bit more, but I can live with that.

The light ones do show the tubes, but I decided to make it a 'design feature' by using gold trim. (It kind of stinks, but I can live with it. I can always buy a couple more of these two blanks.

Man, it is heck to grow old and not be able to remember.... (Where was I going with all of this???)

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 156

magpens

I know the feeling Warren ... getting old sometimes means accepting the show-throughs as design features !!!

Nice pens just the same, expecially with the gold hardware !!

Top Bottom