60” Wide Pen Display

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from NewfoundlandLaw

Hey All

So, after some research, I've decided to build a pen display stand that will be the full width of my office Credenza. (It is 60" total width.)

I'm thinking this could easily hold 60-80 pens, but I'm lacking a final design. I want it to be a very simple 60" long pen display stand that will hold the pens vertically. I'd like to make it straight for the full 60" so it can go to the rear of my credenza.

Anyone have any ideas or pictures they think might help. I'm kinda stuck in the design phase....

"Pen Turning on the Rock"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

A 5 foot long pen stand!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow. You can get as elaborate as your mind will take you. Use the woods the credenza is made of. Is there accent colors on it or designs on it you can mimic?? It is just a 2 tired stand straight across. Here is one I made a few years ago but nothing that long. I have in process a cabinet I started many years ago that will hold some 40 pens. But the thought behind my project was to hold all my elite pens I made over my life time. I really need to revive that thing and get it done. :):)

Attachments

• IMGP0647.jpg
    IMGP0647.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 497
  • IMGP0649.jpg
    IMGP0649.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 420
A 5 foot long pen stand!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow. You can get as elaborate as your mind will take you. Use the woods the credenza is made of. Is there accent colors on it or designs on it you can mimic?? It is just a 2 tired stand straight across. Here is one I made a few years ago but nothing that long. I have in process a cabinet I started many years ago that will hold some 40 pens. But the thought behind my project was to hold all my elite pens I made over my life time. I really need to revive that thing and get it done. :):)

That display is amazing!

"Pen Turning on the Rock"

sfallsguy

I think your pen stand with those dimensions begs for a piece of notable timber. Historic, cultural, unique - something that speaks to the viewer. And I envisage it would not be something that would take a lot of working. It could be as simple as an unusual piece of driftwood, preferably with a story to tell.

Charlie_W

One thought is instead of making one unit 60" long is to make two 30" units which will mate together and appear seamless....or have a one piece top cap to fit over both units while displayed.

Top Bottom