3ply-6 slot blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dieseldoc

Working on new pen development for me using segmented process, with the encouragement of Mark James , adding new equipment, lot of adjustments and over coming failures, learning why they blank failed ,now thing are coming together.

This 3ply- 6 slot blank with Paduak,black veneer on Poplar blank came out very well.

Now I believe starting to work on the Chevron pen will be the next challenge.

Cheers

Charlie

Attachments

• IMG_0388.jpg
    IMG_0388.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 313
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Sweet! Excellent work Charlie.

BTW - Sorry for the delay, but your "goodies" were posted yesterday, expected Monday. Hold off on the Chevrons until you get the box.

Beautiful pen!

jttheclockman

Working on new pen development for me using segmented process, with the encouragement of Mark James , adding new equipment, lot of adjustments and over coming failures, learning why they blank failed ,now thing are coming together.

This 3ply- 6 slot blank with Paduak,black veneer on Poplar blank came out very well.

Cheers

Charlie

How are you making the slots if I might ask??

Dieseldoc

Cheers

Charlie

JT:

Using my Legancy 900 Woodworking Machinery mill with Wisconsin slot cutters.

jttheclockman

Cheers

Charlie

JT:

Using my Legancy 900 Woodworking Machinery mill with Wisconsin slot cutters.

Very nice. The reason I asked is because this method has been done by a couple people here and I being one. I used a router set up on my lathe to produce a couple. Thought maybe you you went that direction. Many different patterns can be done off that one design platform.

Attachments

• IMGP0881.jpg
    IMGP0881.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 172

PenPal

Congratulations Charlie,this clean ,presented pen is way out front. Already you are doing and saying those beaut things that have earned the respect of my friend Warren. Thanks for being a back up for him and others like me who look for an unbiased approach to timber appreciation and activity in the pursuit of excellence.

Kind regards Peter in Australia.

Top Bottom