3D printing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

Hi all. This is for those of you who have a 3D printer, I am looking into one at this time. For those that have one, can you share what make and model you have also if you would buy it again if start you journey over.
I am not interested in the resin printers. Thanks in advance for your input.
Lin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bsshog40

I have a creality cr-10. I've made some fun stuff with it. The software is easy to use. I don't design stuff, so I just get free designs on thingiverse. I converted an old desk to mount it on and made an enclosure for it to keep the heat inside. It has front and rear access doors and a slide-up side door for access when changing filament rolls.
20200506_112139.jpg

20200508_150009.jpg

isustrik

I have a pair of Prusa Mk2.5S and a Prusa XL 5 head tool changer and I really like their performance and ease of use. They have good upgrade paths from Prusa when newer models come out the modernize them up to a certain level. I would also recommend the Bambu Labs X1 Carbon, while I don't have one, I have friends that do and they have a great print quality. Main drawback to the Bambu is they use their own proprietary slicer instead of an industry standard like Cura or Slic3r. If I was to go and buy a new printer today, I would seriously look between the new Prusa Mk4 and the Bambu Labs Carbon X1. Both those printers have multi-material options if you want to do multicolor prints.

woodwzrd

I have a Creality Ender 3 at home and at work I use a Creality Ender 3 Max, Creality Ender 3 Max Neo, an old Creality Cr10-S5, and a Anycubic Kobra Max. The Creality machines can be a little finicky but if you take the time to learn how to tweak them they are pretty dependable. The newer Neo that we have is pretty straight forward. I actually bought it after having great luck with the Ender 3 Max. The newer Neo is self leveling and all of the Creality machines have a huge following so there is a big support network. The Kobra Max is our newest machine and I love it. I purchased the Kobra Max because of the larger build capacity and would buy another one tomorrow if the need came up. I am considering buying one for at home. It is self leveling, has a hard mounted bed, and has a large, nearly 15" cubed, build capacity.

lorbay

I have a creality cr-10. I've made some fun stuff with it. The software is easy to use. I don't design stuff, so I just get free designs on thingiverse. I converted an old desk to mount it on and made an enclosure for it to keep the heat inside. It has front and rear access doors and a slide-up side door for access when changing filament rolls.
View attachment 362372

View attachment 362374
Wow. That's awesome. đź‘Źđź‘Ź

lorbay

I have a pair of Prusa Mk2.5S and a Prusa XL 5 head tool changer and I really like their performance and ease of use. They have good upgrade paths from Prusa when newer models come out the modernize them up to a certain level. I would also recommend the Bambu Labs X1 Carbon, while I don't have one, I have friends that do and they have a great print quality. Main drawback to the Bambu is they use their own proprietary slicer instead of an industry standard like Cura or Slic3r. If I was to go and buy a new printer today, I would seriously look between the new Prusa Mk4 and the Bambu Labs Carbon X1. Both those printers have multi-material options if you want to do multicolor prints.
I have been looking at the X1 carbon. It has some great reviews. It's a bit expensive compared to the Prusa.

Rob H

I have a Creality Ender 3 Neo, I like the Neo but knowing what I know now I would get the Creality S1 pro instead. I haven't had it long but have printed quite a bit and it only had a problem when the bed got out of level.

Ruffy

I have a Prusa Mk3s+. It started out as a Mk3 but As already said above Prusa has an upgrade path. I have just ordered the upgrade kit to take it to a Mk4. I absolutely love this printer , the only issue I have had was the main heating element failed.

I have had several of the cheap Chinese clones and strongly recommend saving up till you can get a Prusa or Bamboo.

Top Bottom