3d printer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Keebler

Thinking about getting a 3d printer to print gisi style molds or whatever I come up with to cast resin in. Not sure which would be strongest or best to get. I would think I could fet clear resin and tint it with dye or mica powder to come up with different colors but saw somewhere thats the more expensive route. Looking for the best solution. Would probably get used 2 -3 times a month

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WarEagle90

Kevin, I've owned a Prusa printer for almost 5 years and I have generally printed something on it everyday. Not sure how many hours it has on it, but its several thousand with no issues. Now, Prusa is not the cheapest printer out there, nor the most expensive, but it is a work horse and has excellent support and customer service. I'll admit, I don't know anything about any of the other printers but you won't go wrong with the Prusa if your budget will allow.

Argo13

I use an ender 3 also. You don't have to upgrade the extruder immediately but it will break if you have the plastic extruder. (Don't ask me how I know) . I believe the ender3pro comes with the metal extruder.

I use it to print molds that I fill with resin and the turn out good. I recommend casting under pressure though. Depending on the mold too many places for air to trap.

I recommend watching alphageeks MPG demo if you can wait.

here's a few pens I've made. They Black or Silver pattern is the 3d printed mold. The color fill is mica and epoxy resin.

Attachments

• 8F48AF9D-09D9-4B87-A103-E8EA88E06089.jpeg
    8F48AF9D-09D9-4B87-A103-E8EA88E06089.jpeg
    353 KB · Views: 118

Keebler

I use an ender 3 also. You don't have to upgrade the extruder immediately but it will break if you have the plastic extruder. (Don't ask me how I know) . I believe the ender3pro comes with the metal extruder.

I use it to print molds that I fill with resin and the turn out good. I recommend casting under pressure though. Depending on the mold too many places for air to trap.

I recommend watching alphageeks MPG demo if you can wait.

here's a few pens I've made. They Black or Silver pattern is the 3d printed mold. The color fill is mica and epoxy resin.
Thanks I already cast with a pressure pot just looking to add to my castings. 2 blocks I cast last night.

Attachments

• 20210226_215727.jpg
    20210226_215727.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 20210226_215743.jpg
    20210226_215743.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 85
Top Bottom