3d printed drill press stand for small square pieces

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wmcullen

Drilling centerbands on a 3d printed stand
I designed this stand to hold squarish pieces of endgrain wood while drilling and trimming.
(3d *.obj file attached)
pen3409.jpg

The stand clamps to my drill press bed.
The wood just needs to fit into the stand and it will wedge itself still when I drill it.
pen3302.jpg

I switch to my barrell trimer to flatten the top and bottom before turning.
pen3404.jpg

pen3301.jpg

Thanks for looking
- Cullen

Attachments

• barralvice7.obj
    27.2 KB · Views: 134
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hooked

Thanks Cullen! What do you recommend for infill % on this? I would imagine it needs to be pretty substantial.

When I put the file into Cura Slicer I am getting a model error which I have never seen. "Your model is not manifold". Can this be ignored?

1647874355246.png

Wmcullen

When I put the file into Cura Slicer I am getting a model error which I have never seen. "Your model is not manifold". Can this be ignored?
Non-manifold isn't great. I thought my geometry was clean but you obviously get what you pay for. ; )
I'd cautiously say ignore it, but then be warry. If there's a problem we'll know where the problem likely is.
If others have opinions on this, please chime in.
As for infill, I used 20% and a shell thickness of 1.2mm. That seemed to make it strong enough for what I'm doing in PLA.
As always, YMMV.
- Cullen

hooked

Non-manifold isn't great. I thought my geometry was clean but you obviously get what you pay for. ; )
I'd cautiously say ignore it, but then be warry. If there's a problem we'll know where the problem likely is.
If others have opinions on this, please chime in.
As for infill, I used 20% and a shell thickness of 1.2mm. That seemed to make it strong enough for what I'm doing in PLA.
As always, YMMV.
- Cullen
Thank you! It was printed with no problems. I actually printed with 30% infill because that is what I used last in cura, and I forgot to change it.

1647903268045.png

Top Bottom