3D Box Illusion on a Blade

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BRobbins629

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
The pattern is certainly not new, seen before on pens and other objects, but just another technique to get to the end result. Ted Sachs has done it with thread wrapping, I've done one with CNC carving and polymer clay, perhaps others have tried segmenting. This one done with acrylic paints and added to my illusion collection. Still love the blade kit. Has replaced the Sierra style after many years as my go to ball point. Enjoy the view.
box illusion.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

BEAUTIFUL !!!!! . That blank is superb !!!!

I also like the Blade kit. . But I like the Luxor somewhat better ( .... www.penblanks.ca .... - Yes, they ship to the US )

I like the Luxor better because the Schmidt click mechanism is recessed into the top of the pen, thus shortening the look of the mech..
I find this part more attractive than the Blade. . But, of course, the Blade has the visual advantage of a longer barrel, which some find quite attractive. . But I like the Luxor .... it more closely resembles the styling of the Sierra.

Alchemist

BEAUTIFUL !!!!! . That blank is superb !!!!

I also like the Blade kit. . But I like the Luxor somewhat better ( .... www.penblanks.ca .... - Yes, they ship to the US )

I like the Luxor better because the Schmidt click mechanism is recessed into the top of the pen, thus shortening the look of the mech..
I find this part more attractive than the Blade. . But, of course, the Blade has the visual advantage of a longer barrel, which some find quite attractive. . But I like the Luxor .... it more closely resembles the styling of the Sierra.

I checked out the Luxor, but I think Canada to US shipping is such murder. The recessed button is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Curly

I checked out the Luxor, but I think Canada to US shipping is such murder. The recessed button is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

If you think shipping from us to you is hard to swallow you should live here and experience the reverse.

Bruce your pen is a knockout and I always look forward to opening your posts just to see what you're playing with.

magpens

I can relate to your aversion to paying for cross-border shipping.

This morning, I received an order from a prominent US pen kit supplier. . The shipping was not cheap.
And on top of that, I had to pay Canadian taxes: Customs duty was 9%, Federal tax was 5%, Provincial tax was 7% .... Total makes 21%
On top of that, there was a "service charge" for taking that amount of extra money from me.

That hurts !! . I am not going to tell you the actual $$ premium that I paid for the "privilege" of living on this side of the border because my wife might read this after she kills me, and that would REALLY hurt !!! . . Point is .... I have no options .... most of the good stuff is on the other side !
( She is going to find out, BTW ..... she has her ways ! . So wish me "the best" ! . But I thought the purchase was worth it !!! )

You guys, at least sometimes, get free shipping on some orders from some vendors. . That does not apply for cross-border shipping.

Top Bottom