38 years ago today...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Great run Monty in three months we have our 59th anniversary still rush around every day looking for special activities and delights for SWMBO trust you continue to be so happy mate, I believe you are one of the special people on this forum as you are exemplary in the way you post and reply a very high standard indeed .

The kindest of regards Peter.

Congratulations Monty and to Missus Monty as well.... just finished 22 in March and looking forward to next 22....

There's some really nice restaurants in Houston... where you going??

My LOML and I favored the Mexican restaurants around our area when we were there, but for really special occasions I always liked Pappas... loved the fish... Didn't do many places inside the loop.. I tried to avoid downtown whenever I could.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I had my 30'th on the 19'th (Wifey was in England :rolleyes:). It has been a fast and wonderful 30 yrs!

Congrats to all above who are ahead of me... I WILL catch up (hopefully...)

Pete275

Congrats Monty, My LOML are also celebrating our 32nd today. We too are about to go out for dinner. It is amazing how fast the time goes by when you are having fun!

Wayne

jsolie

Congrats, Monty (and Wayne!) My wife and I will celebrate #25 later this year. My daughter just got married last Saturday, so she's got a long way to go.

robutacion

Congrats mate, I hope the partnership/relationship is never broken...!

Your 38 year made me think of the first time I said, I do, that was 36 years ago and I got 12 years out of it, I often wonder what happened to my first and unique first love since the age of 12 (married at 19) and while I was very matured for my age, were two things lacking, one was the maturity that only time brings and the second was the lack of having any support/guidance to the "bumps" a marriage throws at you, particularly at young ages...!

Lesson learned, deep scars to carry and after all this time, I wished that, things had done in a different direction, such is life...!

I'm not going to ask you what the secret is, I don't need to ask that question anymore, I got the answers as I got older...!

Keep it good, is well worth it...!

Cheers
George

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Thanks for the comments fellows.
There's some really nice restaurants in Houston... where you going??

My LOML and I favored the Mexican restaurants around our area when we were there, but for really special occasions I always liked Pappas... loved the fish... Didn't do many places inside the loop.. I tried to avoid downtown whenever I could.
We went to Outback. I had s $50 gift card I bought earlier in the month. Kroger's has a fuel rewards program where you can get up to $1 per gallon (1 point for every $ spent during the month at the store). Every few months they offer 4X the points on purchasing gift cards, so I usually by several $50 cards to restaurants to have on hand.

I'm not going to ask you what the secret is, I don't need to ask that question anymore, I got the answers as I got older...!
The secret is two words..."Yes dear". :biggrin:

I always get strange looks from people when I use 2 of my favorite jokes on my anniversary.
When asked how long we've been married, I reply 20 happy years.... 20 out of 38 isn't bad.
or, We we were going to get a divorce but there was a custody problem with the kids.....neither of use wanted them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom