37th Chapter Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reddwil

Guys , I am so sorry for the delay in getting this posted. Life gets in the way sometimes

Our next meeting is on December 9th. 10am till 2 pm. Due to my negligence, I am hoping for some quick volunteers for a couple demos. As always suggestions and Volunteers would be greatly appreciated.

For this meeting, Warren has graciously donated some awesome door prizes, I to will have some items to give. In keeping with the Christmas spirit of giving, I think we should do a PITH. So anyone interested please bring a pen. Everyone please bring your collections to show off your work for this past year.

Couple side notes: If anyone is interested, I will be accepting completed pens (slimlines and Designers) for Pens For Hope to be donated to the Children's Brain Tumor Foundation of Georgia as Christmas presents to children at Children's Health Care of Atlanta. If you would like to Donate, please place the pen in a small zip lock or the bag the kit comes in along with your business card, so the child and family knows who made it for them.

Secondly, It has been an honor and pleasure, but I feel I am failing as the leader of our Chapter. Although I do enjoy it, If someone would like to take over the reigns, we can discuss as a group at the meeting.

Looking forward to seeing everyone

Merry Christmas

Kent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I cannot perform but can who is conducting the/a demo (before folks make a trip). Thank you.

southernclay

I'm going to do something, probably a bottle stopper, I'd like to do more but don't have anything prepped. I'm also thinking of bringing down several of the "other things we make" items and show a little of what else you can do other than pens.

TonyL

I could always watch that. In fact, I just bought one of Thompson's 1/4 inch detail gouges.
I was hoping for a pepper grinder demo. Someone has to know how to do it. I will buy the wood and kit if that motivates anybody (The demonstrator can keep it or do whatever he/she wants with it.).

TonyL

WC is recommending that Kent call the store before coming down and hosting a meeting.

turncrazy43

According to their email the store will be opening late in the AM due to the weather. They suggest calling the store before starting your trip to the store. Are we going to re-schedule, Kent?

reddwil

Meeting is canceled

I did speak with Woodcraft early this afternoon. What i was told was they did not know what time they would open if they opened at all. I was asked that we re-schedule the meeting for a later date. I am to call back to see when there is an available Date on Monday. I will send out a new post once the date is confirmed.

Everybody be safe and see everybody soon.

BKelley

Boy, did it ever snow here at my house. Need a snow plow to get to my shop!! Hope everyone faired o.k and is safe. I'm looking forward to our rescheduled meeting. I was talking with Kent on the phone yesterday and while I was talking with him, UPS delivered two sets of the new Maneater molds and some Liquid Diamonds. Will try to give a report on these at next meeting and do a demo on them real soon.

Ben

Chasstevens

Ben, will be glad to get your opinion on Liquid Diamond- I've been using, it is very thin so I let it set up for about an hour, but my castings with pearlex don't turn out as well as Alumilite. The swril pattern is much smaller and looks grainy. Probably my technique!
keep me posted- thanks charlie stevens
chas.stevens@comcast.net

reddwil

I spoke with Woodcraft, As of right now we do not have a make up day anytime soon. I got to call Roy back on Monday and see what he can do, and maybe put us down in case the have a cancellation between now and or next scheduled meeting. Which means it may be a short notice meeting. I I ma starting a new post with the 2018 meeting dates and some Ideas for meetings.

Top Bottom