30 degree herringbone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vick

Status
Not open for further replies.

vick

All right this is a new design I have been playing with I call the pattern 30 degree Herringbone. The wood is bloodwood and it is on a snap cap kit.

20062724110_bloodwood3.jpg

I was trying to play with Deft finishing techniques and screwed up the body a little so I will probably disassemble and refinish when I have a chance.

As alway comments and critiques are appreciated. Except on the finish:D since I know that is messed up.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ravenbsp

Thats a very nice effect! I love how blood wood changes in depth and richness as you turn it around in your hands[:p]. I'll bet the photo doesn't do justice to the almost 3D effect you get. Great work!

Bryan Poe
Houston, TX

dfurlano

Thats nice. Would like to see a pic of the cap on the pen.

Great job. Wonder how it would look with black veneer in the center zig zag.

Randy_

Originally posted by vick
<br />All right this is a new design I have been playing with I call the pattern 30 degree Herringbone. The wood is bloodwood and it is on a snap cap kit.
I like it; but think you could come up with a more creative name!![;)]

Is that the "TRADITIONAL" roller ball kit ftom PSI?? Thanks

PenWorks

Good looking pen Mike. I like the look of the blood wood with that pattern, you can see the pattern better, than the other one you made.

vick

Originally posted by Hastur
<br />Nice pen Mike. Need to come over so I can see your Herringbone design and steal err I mean borrow it.

I can show you when you drop off my pen[:D]. This one is actually super easy to make.

vick

Randy - It is the Americana Rollerball from CSU I just always call it a snap cap.
Chigdon - unfortunately I do not. I know I should but I can not bring myself to break away from play time to snap a picture. I plan on doing more of these and I will try to take one next time.

Alamocdc - If you want a clip you have to see the one I just posted.
[:D]

vick

Originally posted by dfurlano
<br />Would like to see a pic of the cap on the pen.

Wonder how it would look with black veneer in the center zig zag.

Dan,
Sorry just notcied that I had not responded to your post. I will try to remember to take a picture with the cap posted tonight.

I assume the black veneer would look sharp. The beauty of this pattern is it is so easy to make if you experiment and it does not work out it is not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom