3 more to add to my experience

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from betwisted

betwisted

These are pens 7-9 for me. The first is a PSI 24kt slimline with an ebony blank that I picked up for a couple bucks at the local woodworker store. I bought the wood the same time I bought my starter kit (I was a little excited to get goin with the hobby). The next one I made is a pearlescent acylic swirl (white, red, and black mostly) but the overall effect makes it look fairly pink. The last is another PSI 24kt slimline with the wood being an end cut from a leftover chunk of zebrawood I have laying around the shop.

The ebony pen is actually very dark brown. The picture is showing some of the reflected luminescence the pen displays under bright lights. The effect in person lends a subtle elegance to the pen, which I enjoy.

The next pen is a PSI Gemini 24kt. And after putting it all together, I can't wait to tear it apart so i can reuse the barrel on something else. I bought the Gemini pen and pencil kits when I first bought the starter equipment (again in my excitement), and now have buyers remorse. I thought the hardware looked fun (in the bag), but on the pen it just looks gaudy and over done. :frown:

The last offering t'nite is a creation I'm kind of proud of at the moment. The hardware is from another PSI 24kt slimline but the end cut zebrawood was difficult to work (I actually blew up the first 2 attempts at it). After about 4 hours of coaxing a pen out of the zebrawood (between fails and finishing), I'm really happy with the end product. My wife even commented on how good that pen looked, and she's been less than excited about the other wood pens I've made (she likes the colors and combinations from the acrylic stuff). To get this pen to work I tooled it down then used sandpaper to bring it to it's final shape.

Anyway, thanks for readin and checkin out my newest creations. Questions, comments, and suggestions are appreciated.

Joe

Attachments

• HTP00007 - Copy.jpg
    HTP00007 - Copy.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 141
  • HTP00008and9 - Copy.jpg
    HTP00008and9 - Copy.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 161

SDB777

Turning crosscut material of any kind is a challenge it itself, this one was worth the effort!!! Well done on all!!

Scott (can you say, "Addicted") B

Top Bottom