3 More Sierras

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chippa

Chippa

Thanks to Berahardwoods for the kits and to user Wood128 for the blanks. These are the sierra button clicks which are a huge step up from the original click sierras.

sierraclick stone hopea.jpg

Stone Hopea Burl

sierraclick mersawa.jpg

Mersawa Burl

sierraclick cocobolo.jpg

Cocobolo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

@Chippa

VERY Nice pens !!!

You say that these kits are ... " a huge step up from the original click sierras. "

Could you please elaborate on this and say in what ways these newer kits are improved over the older ones . . Thanks

its_virgil

@Chippa

VERY Nice pens !!!

You say that these kits are ... " a huge step up from the original click sierras. "

Could you please elaborate on this and say in what ways these newer kits are improved over the older ones . . Thanks
The sierra super click from Berea Hardwoods uses the Schmidt SKM 88 all metal click mechanism which is a precision engineered click mechanism. A few other click kits use it also. I will never again use click kit that does not use this click mechanism.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Chippa

The sierra super click from Berea Hardwoods uses the Schmidt SKM 88 all metal click mechanism which is a precision engineered click mechanism. A few other click kits use it also. I will never again use click kit that does not use this click mechanism.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

You said it before I could look up the proper name. The SKM 88 click mech is perfect in my opinion. The older style clicks were plastic and left a lot to be desired, they would bind up or even worse most of the time end up cracking. If you're looking for a sierra click pen definitely go with these. Thank you everyone for the kind words.

magpens

@its_virgil , @Chippa

Thank you to both of you for this info.

I was already aware of this innovation/improvement by Berea but just did not recognize it in the pictures.
Now that I re-look at the pics, I can see that the clicker push-button is of larger diameter than in the older Berea Sierra click pens
and that is because of the Schmidt SKM-88, which has a larger diameter push-button than in the original Sierra click.

Here is a link to the Berea Sierra Super Button Click Chrome for the benefit of any who may be interested:

One of the "issues" with the older Sierra button click was that it required a "refill extension piece" which was a 0.5" long metal cylinder that was easy to lose when you replaced the refill. . That extension piece has now been eliminated in this new design making for further improvement.

Together, these two improvements make the Sierra Super Button Click the quietest and most reliable of the pen kits of this type and style.

I always had a strong liking for the Berea Button Click and this liking has become an undying love affair with the Berea Super Button Click !!

Thanks, Berea !!!

I'm making one of these for my daughter for Christmas. I was hoping the clicker changes would be beneficial - it appears to be so. Thanks for the info and you did an outstanding job on these pens.

Top Bottom