2nd try at a bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

Had a cherry log given to me about a year ago, it was v shaped and had a big ball at the bottom of the V. Wasn't a burl but had some nice grain in it. Cut the ball up into as many pen blanks as I could. I figured I would try a small bowl out of the leftover chunk, didn't want to toss it or burn it. Lathe is only a small delta midi so couldn't go much bigger than this anyway. A few flaws showed up when turning but overall I'm happy it should make a nice candy dish.

The women around here seem to like the perfume applicator and I had purchased a bunch about a year ago and never got around to making them. Here is the first one in dyed white ash.

Attachments

• P7280047.JPG
    P7280047.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 178
  • P7280049.JPG
    P7280049.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 153
  • P7280051.JPG
    P7280051.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 150

Don Wade

The thing that stymies so much creativity is fear of failure. Never let that get in your way. The reality of it is that no one really is going to be critical.

DW

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Nice job on both. I turned several bowls on my midi before moving up to something bigger. Just takes a bit more patience to avoid stalling the motor but aside from that 8" bowls are quite reasonable to do on a midi.

Top Bottom