2nd pen from same blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KenB259

KenB259

I showed a Knurl GT a week ago. Here's a 2nd pen, same design from the same blank. This one is a Cambridge, titanium and gold. I think I screwed up the center band
1F5AA011-A4F8-4CB9-A70D-315B0D4732DD.jpeg
8F5A0501-2725-4C40-B77A-80A8460DCFD6.jpeg
D8968EDA-7E4F-4B7A-A94B-63C9557677F5.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Thanks but the center is assembled wrong. This is the first one of these I've made. I don't think I can fix it because the plastic insert was loose enough I had to glue it in.

sorcerertd

I REALLY like that blank on this pen!! I do see what you mean about the center band. There must be a way, but having it glued in might be a challenge. I've often wondered if the caps were able to be disassembled with the plastic inserts without damaging them even without glue.

magpens

I'm going to stew about it awhile and then I'll try to fix it.

@KenB259

Ken, nobody but someone really familiar with that kit would notice.
The pen is so beautiful, it's not worth the risk to try to correct it.

I have made Cambridge pens many times and I had to do some checking before I was able to detect.
I would say just leave it as is.

TDahl

Hey Ken,

I have gone over the photos of the pen three times now and still can't see anything wrong the center band. Sometimes we are our own worst critics. This is a very beautiful pen! great segmenting.

KenB259

Hey Ken,

I have gone over the photos of the pen three times now and still can't see anything wrong the center band. Sometimes we are our own worst critics. This is a very beautiful pen! great segmenting.
It should be silver gold silver but it is silver silver gold.

RGVPens

Beautiful pen! Don't touch it! Do you have a picture of the segmented blank before cutting and drilling? I would like to try making segmented blanks and would like to see it. Great job!

KenB259

Beautiful pen! Don't touch it! Do you have a picture of the segmented blank before cutting and drilling? I would like to try making segmented blanks and would like to see it. Great job!
Sorry, I do not have pictures of the blanks, very simple segment though.

Alan Morrison

Ken, I'm sure that you are the only one who notices anything re. the centre band.
Even after you pointing out the issue I still see nothing amiss.
I have to say that I'm never 100% happy with any segmented pens that I make, I always see where improvements could be made.
Anyway I really like your pen.
Alan

howsitwork

wonderful work Ken

personally I think it would work without the gold band just silver all the way but the grain match and follow through looks great on this one.

KenB259

wonderful work Ken

personally I think it would work without the gold band just silver all the way but the grain match and follow through looks great on this one.
That gold design is also on the clip. It's an amazing looking pen in person.

Top Bottom