2nd cast

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crabcreekind

I dont think i posted my first cast, but it was a bunch of coffee beans in clear resin, and they turned out ok.. This is my second cast, that i did by myself and it was sooo much fun, I just used the original mold the casting kit came with. I used green pearlex powder that i got from hobby lobby. I am glad with the way this turned out. I am going to put it on a jr commish(jr gent) that i got from woodpenpro. I painted the tubes grean with 2 coats of spray paint, and it actually worked good. I think the white paint i was using was too thin. Anyway this was really fun... I hope to do more casting tomorrow! o yea and for painting my tubes, i just took a used 2x6 and put some nails through it. works pretty good too.

Attachments

• 100_5437.jpg
    100_5437.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 271
  • 100_5436.jpg
    100_5436.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Looks good, might I give a word of advise, try to find some "dental base wax" to cap your tubes with so you dont have to spend much time cleaning out the spray paint that gets inside the tube.

OOPS

Greetings from Spokane! That looks like you're having fun! Be sure and post a photo of the completed pen, so we can see how it turned out.

What kind of casting kit are you using, Alumilite?

crabcreekind

Greetings from Spokane! That looks like you're having fun! Be sure and post a photo of the completed pen, so we can see how it turned out.

What kind of casting kit are you using, Alumilite?

I am using polyester resin with pearl ex powders, that you can get at hobby lobby in spokane... Do you go to the woodcraft meeting every 4th tuesday?

OOPS

Yes, as a matter of fact, I am the Secretary of the group. We are known as the INWPTA, the Inland Northwest Pen Turners Association. If you're ever in Spokane, please stop in, and be sure to bring a few of your pens. We always have a show and tell, and we have pen turners of all experience levels. We normally have about 20 people at a typical meeting. Do you have a group in Moses Lake?

bigeddy

Olympia

Yes, as a matter of fact, I am the Secretary of the group. We are known as the INWPTA, the Inland Northwest Pen Turners Association. If you're ever in Spokane, please stop in, and be sure to bring a few of your pens. We always have a show and tell, and we have pen turners of all experience levels. We normally have about 20 people at a typical meeting. Do you have a group in Moses Lake?

Do you have some contact info? I work for the State and I travel to Spokane every once in a while. We have a turners club here but I cana seem to find out who is the pen maker in the group. I go to Moses Lake once in awhile also. You guys keep making casts and keep turnin... I'd like to do both.

crabcreekind

We do not have a club in moses lake, I dont know anyone else who turns in moses lake. I know someone of some guy that sells bowls at the museum, but i think he lives tricities or something.

Top Bottom