2nd Cast Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KenB259

KenB259

Not perfect by any means, but for a first attempt at this style, I'm happy with it.
2417FA21-533D-4EC0-A4AE-52F286D8D3AF.jpeg
A5AE8E77-5370-440C-95E5-3757864416E1.jpeg

Attachments

• 644263E2-2AEC-45A9-8CA4-5EFC13F9275F.jpeg
    644263E2-2AEC-45A9-8CA4-5EFC13F9275F.jpeg
    288.6 KB · Views: 111
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

You'll work out those issues with a little practice. I love the eagle on the cap. Nice pen.
I am not quite sure what caused the "spots" in several places. I used aluminite slow and a pressure pot. I don't think they are bubbles. Looks more like the resin didn't stick to the background label in those areas. I have used that same material though and that didn't happen. Maybe I was a little messy gluing on the watch parts. I just don't know. What are your thoughts?

qquake

it is a Citizen pen, didn't buy it at Crooked Mill. Dont remember what vendor, I have never used Crooked Mill though.
It is a Dayacom kit, so I'm sure other vendors sell them. Exotic has Jr. Citizen kits listed, and they look the same. But they're available in both rollerball and fountain, in several platings. Crooked Mill only has the one chrome Citizen rollerball.

JohnU

It looks great Ken. My thoughts on the spot you mentioned… did you use CA to glue your parts? If so, that could be the issue. Alumilite and CA don't play well together. Also, Sometimes stuff just happens. Metal parts can have oil residue or something to interfere along with obstructing or trapping air under them. It's all the joys of casting. Lol. Some alternatives to gluing parts for clear casting are either a very small dab of 2 part epoxy adhesive so it doesn't squish out along the sides or clear nail polish. Both of those will work with urethane resins.

KenB259

It looks great Ken. My thoughts on the spot you mentioned… did you use CA to glue your parts? If so, that could be the issue. Alumilite and CA don't play well together. Also, Sometimes stuff just happens. Metal parts can have oil residue or something to interfere along with obstructing or trapping air under them. It's all the joys of casting. Lol. Some alternatives to gluing parts for clear casting are either a very small dab of 2 part epoxy adhesive so it doesn't squish out along the sides or clear nail polish. Both of those will work with urethane resins.
Thanks John, I did use CA so that might be the culprit.

Top Bottom