2nd bench started

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bsshog40

This one is only about 3'x5'. This will be my bench I can move around the shop to work on. The retractable casters are rated for 880 lbs total. Also made height same as tablesaw.
20230502_143422.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bsshog40

Looks like an excellent, functional design.

What did you make the top out of?
Same as the first one I just finished. 2"x12" pine boards. This one is narrower so I actually used two 2"x12"s and one 2"x10". I just got done staining the main frame. Will sand and stain the top boards tomorrow and then poly everything. In case you missed the other post, here's the one I just finished. It's a 5'x8'.

Attachments

• 20230430_115141.jpg
    20230430_115141.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 50

jttheclockman

I am sure that will get alot of use. May want to add either a drawer or a bin somewhere on the side to hold the essential everyday workbench tools such as rulers pencils square. Maybe put some hooks in front of some sort to hold a straightedge. Looks good.

bsshog40

I am sure that will get alot of use. May want to add either a drawer or a bin somewhere on the side to hold the essential everyday workbench tools such as rulers pencils square. Maybe put some hooks in front of some sort to hold a straightedge. Looks good.
Ya, right now I just have to try an organize all my tools. Everything is still a mess and still have a bunch misc stuff packed in totes. Even all my turning tools are still packed. At least the benches for now will give me a place to put stuff until I figure out what to do with everything. Lol

Last edited:

bsshog40

I sweep up sometimes, whether it needs it or not.... I have a big pile of saw dust and shavings behind the lathe. If we ever get dry day with little wind might try to burn it. Outside of course.
Ya, we live out in the country. I always vacuum up and then just dump it out back and let the wind do its job. Lol

Top Bottom