28x18x2 cutting board

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from socdad

socdad

This one is for someone that is serious about barbecuing, the largest end grain cutting board I have done so far. Just over 28x18x2 ... made from walnut, maple, cherry, white oak, honey locust & sapele. I'm still playing with the photo, it will likely be used in show applications next year. (if there are shows next year …)
DSC_0071 copy.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

moke

Wow, very nice....I like the blood groove, or whatever the Polit correct crowd call it these days. The random pattern is awesome.
If you have a manipulative program, like Photoshop, Gimp or whatever, you can use the "burn tool" to control the darkening of the edges and keep it out of the subject......but it still looks good!

socdad

Wow, very nice....I like the blood groove, or whatever the Polit correct crowd call it these days. The random pattern is awesome.
If you have a manipulative program, like Photoshop, Gimp or whatever, you can use the "burn tool" to control the darkening of the edges and keep it out of the subject......but it still looks good!
Photoshop, gradient tool

mmayo

Just me perhaps but the blood groove is almost impossible to get clean. It holds the blood and other stuff and it stays there. I'm avoiding them for a smooth cleanable surface on both sides. It has been a selling point that has been successful. I too have a router and the bit. Beautiful work!

socdad

Just me perhaps but the blood groove is almost impossible to get clean. It holds the blood and other stuff and it stays there. I'm avoiding them for a smooth cleanable surface on both sides. It has been a selling point that has been successful. I too have a router and the bit. Beautiful work!
I put a juice groove in about 10% of the boards I make, mostly the larger boards.

Top Bottom