27th Chapter Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reddwil

The 27th Meeting will Be on June 27th, 2015, 10 am to 2pm.

As always any volunteers for demo's would be great. Just let me know

Since we have not done one in a while, I would like to do a PITH at this meeting. So if your interested, bring a pen.

Also a couple of us were talking about the idea of doing a "Swap Meet" of sorts. So bring anything you think of that you would like to swap, trade, sell or give away. Kits, blanks, tools etc.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
For those who have never been to a meeting, or were planning on coming, the location for our meeting is The Woodcraft store in Alpharetta:

Location information:
8560 Holcomb Bridge Rd., Suite 115
Alpharetta, GA 30022
Phone: (770) 587-3372
Fax: (770) 587-9068

TonyL

I would be happy to show folks how to turn acrylic pens with HSS (I am a former carbide guy, but love my skews now).

reddwil

So we have Jonathan doing a stabilizing demo and Tony doing a demo turning acrylic using a HSS skew. Sounds like a good Day

Remember to bring anything you want to sell, trade, giveaway. Also we are doing a PITH, so bring one if you would like to join in.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
After seeing everybody else pens I will be bringing one for the PITH but not as good as the ones I have saw posted by the ones going to the meeting.. just saying...........my talents can't match most of yours.....

Brooks803

So we have Jonathan doing a stabilizing demo and Tony doing a demo turning acrylic using a HSS skew. Sounds like a good Day

Remember to bring anything you want to sell, trade, giveaway. Also we are doing a PITH, so bring one if you would like to join in.

Sounds good to me! Mind if I go first so the blanks have the most time to be under vacuum? I doubt I'd be able to totally finish anything, but it's possible.

With that being said. Can someone bring a small toaster oven to possibly use? I only have a huge one now and it'd be way to big to bring.

papaturner

Sounds good to me! Mind if I go first so the blanks have the most time to be under vacuum? I doubt I'd be able to totally finish anything, but it's possible.

With that being said. Can someone bring a small toaster oven to possibly use? I only have a huge one now and it'd be way to big to bring.

Jonathon,
I can bring a small toaster oven.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
Once again, I can't make the meeting as planned. Since my Father in law was buried yesterday my wife can now go with me to visit my mother in south Ga. Since her dad got sick 14 months ago she hasn't been able to make the trip.. She wants to go visit Mom and at 90 years old there may not be many more chances for Peggy to visit with her..I do hope that I can meet up before too much longer, just seams life gets in the way.

papaturner

Hey Folks I`m in need of a Hancock rollerball tip section. If anyone has an extra and plan on being at our meeting I`d like to buy it.
If you have one let me know.
How I managed to bend mine I`ll never know.:eek:

TonyL

I was hoping they would catch some ZZZZZzzzzzzz during mine.
BTW, I just finished a graduate with one of Jonathan's Falcon's blanks.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
I did send my PITH pen in the mail yesterday, Kent should get it Monday so I'm still in on the swap.. Hope that it is a great meeting.

southernclay

David,
Sorry you can't make it. I know you've had your hands full. Look forward to meeting you one day.

I'm going to be a game time decision, hope to see y'all at least for the part of the meeting. Between remodeling our new house, selling our current home, moving and baby #3 coming in October shop times going to be rare for many months so I need to come live vicariously through you guys at least once every few months!

reddwil

Alright Guys and Gals, Couple more days to go. Great demo's planned. Don't forget to bring your PITH if you want to partake. I got a Very nice pen from David Newborn(oldman5050) that someone will love to have. Also bring your stuff to sell and trade. I'm sure Mr. Brooks will have his amazing assortment of blanks that we will blow all our earnings on.

See everyone Saturday

TonyL

I understand that Jonathan is demo-ing first (BTW, I had the pleasure of watching him twice: outstanding!) I will arrive at noon. This wil give me time to do some things in the morning. I don't think I will be up there for more than a half-hour. If I started at 1:15, even 1:3O that is plenty of time. It's 10 to 2 right?

papaturner

It`s a done deal

The 27th meeting of the Georgia IAP chapter is over and was another great meeting. Attendance was down a wee bit but nevertheless a great meeting and good fellowship.
Thanks to the Woodcraft store for the hospitality.
Thanks to the Boss Kent(reddwil) for putting it together.
And thanks to Jonathon (Brooks803) and TonyL for the demos.Photos below.
Nice to see everyone.

Attachments

• IAP Photo2.jpg
    IAP Photo2.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 156
  • IAP Photos.jpg
    IAP Photos.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 167

TonyL

Great seeing some of the folks that until today only knew by name and the beauty of their pens.

TonyL

Thank you. I finished the Nautical pen a about two hours ago. I will post an amateur phone pick tomorrow in the daylight.

yankee1

27th Chap. Meeting

Tony, your pens are absolutely gorgeous! I have my eye on one of them. Can't wait to see your lastest creation. We'll talk offline. :)

Top Bottom