25 Years of Marriage, no fights...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PreacherJon

A married couple never fought, not even once in 25 years of marriage. A friend of the couple asked, "How is that even possible?" The husband replied, "Well, we went to a ranch for our honeymoon. While horse riding, my wife's horse jumped and my wife fell off. She got up and patted the horse on the nose and said, "This is your first time." After a while it happened again and this time she pointed as the horse and said, "This is your second time." And when it happened the third time, she pulled out a gun and shot the horse. I shouted at her and said, "Are you Crazy?!? You killed the horse!!"

She came over to me patted me on the head and said, "This is your first time."

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
We just completed 50 years and my wife has patted me on the head only once! I was a quick learner! She made it worth every minute!

I know which side my bread is buttered on!

For the full story, I spent most of our 50th (Aug 24th) in the ER with severe bronchitis while LOML was on the 9th floor of the same hospital with her 91 year old mom who had pneumonia. It's been that kind of summer. We will "celebrate" the 50th in a couple of weeks after both her mom and I completely recover.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
My wife and I were married in 1984. I paid $15.00 to the Probate Judge for the Marriage License... I asked if there was a "return policy?" As the Judge was my future Father-In-Law, he quietly said "NO." (yes, I was joking and ask him the same question even now. He is 94 and still says "NO.")

We had a conversation after 2 years of marriage with a Minister that was a family friend. He asked how our arguments were going. We related that we had not had any yet, but would certainly check in with him when it occurred (we also had been engaged for 5 years, so we knew each other for 7 years at that time). He said this was not good - we needed to get our disputes out in the open. He was a dear friend, passed away about 8 years ago and we never were able to relate any arguments with him as there still have not been any. We simply respect each other. Going on 35+ years.

robutacion

Oh Boy, I only wish that marrying someone would come with an instruction book, I could have used it on my first marriage that interestingly could have been celebrated happily our 41th anniversary last week on the 27 August if both I and my ex (school sweetheart) had got our hands at that instruction book, hard lesson learned for me.

Merissa and I, we have been together 19 years this 17 September, 18 of those years as husband and wife and one of the first things I've done was to "discuss" our compromises as imperfect humans and we have been happy since we are all different but very much the same in many things.

Cheers
George

TonyL

Congratulations to you all. We will be married 32 in October - started dating Lori when I was 15. I know her 42 years. I married an angel...I am a PITN.

pianomanpj

Well I'm not married, but my girlfriend and I have been together for 15 months. HOWEVER, I did ask her out in high school 35 years ago - and she said no! When she saw a news piece on me regarding pens a year and a half ago, she contacted me and ordered a few pens. She then pursued me - and I said yes! 😁

PenPal

Any man who claims to be boss in the house will lie about other things as well.Am fortunate with my best friend for 67 yrs,in July we celebrated 64 yrs of marriage.

Kind regards Peter.

This morning 5 am Friday right now I turned 85,born in 1934,celebrated Fathers Day last Sunday in Australia..

Kind regards Peter.

Sly Dog

Some pretty impressive numbers here (and happy birthday Peter)! We're going on 29 years next month, 21 of which I worked as a family court judge. I like to think I learned from others' mistakes. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Actually, it all fell into place when I accepted the fact that in all decisions, she's the higher court. 😉 I wouldn't have it any other way.❤️

MRDucks2

Well, we have been married for 31, going on 32 years. I remember the day we met January 15th 1988 because it was my last paycheck from the Marine Corps. Saw Jennifer again 2 weeks later and shortly after bought her tickets for a Ground Hogs Day present to see Sawyer Brown in concert. We married about 45 days later.

We argued and made up, got mad and happy, been through great times and tough times. The only reason we never divorced is because both of us were never willing to quit at the same time.

It is sometimes a 50/50 relationship but it is often somewhere between there and 90/10. Sometimes I have been the 90 and sometimes she has.

We started out quite opposite and now we have many of the same tastes and preferences. We not only know what each is thinking and finish each other's sentences but often speak the exact same words at the exact same time.

I loved her when we married, but nothing like I love her now.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

robutacion

Well, we have been married for 31, going on 32 years. I remember the day we met January 15th 1988 because it was my last paycheck from the Marine Corps. Saw Jennifer again 2 weeks later and shortly after bought her tickets for a Ground Hogs Day present to see Sawyer Brown in concert. We married about 45 days later.

We argued and made up, got mad and happy, been through great times and tough times. The only reason we never divorced is because both of us were never willing to quit at the same time.

It is sometimes a 50/50 relationship but it is often somewhere between there and 90/10. Sometimes I have been the 90 and sometimes she has.

We started out quite opposite and now we have many of the same tastes and preferences. We not only know what each is thinking and finish each other's sentences but often speak the exact same words at the exact same time.

I loved her when we married, but nothing like I love her now.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Hi,

I had to highlight your comment above after I read it and thought of something that my ex told me after 12 years of marriage when she went back to Portugal and she said, "I thought I could change you...!", I will never forget that and what she finally was confessing to me after 12 years, I was obviously not exactly what she wanted me to be or to become, I don't know what made her even consider that she have the right to change someone and spend all those years pretending everything was OK, I had no idea so listening to her make such statement, has broken me in half and unable to connect with any other girl for a long 13 years after that.

Merissa and I have always been in sync in so many ways that we know what each other thinks and feel what the other feels good or bad, the understanding level between us is a very special reality and tool, we handle things without having to spend much time discussing it, a harmonious sentiment that we try not to lose.

PS: Congrats Pete on your 85th birthday, hope to see you around for many more years to come.

Cheers
George

pshrynk

I've been married, off and on, for 41 years. Currently on the Mk3 model. I'm a slow learner, I guess. This one seems to be taking, as we've been together for 20 years this November.

PreacherJon

Any man who claims to be boss in the house will lie about other things as well.Am fortunate with my best friend for 67 yrs,in July we celebrated 64 yrs of marriage.

Kind regards Peter.
I AM the HEAD of MY Household.... And I have my wife' permission to say so. ;)

wm460

Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia,0860.
safe_image.jpg

penicillin

A few weeks ago I met a man who told me how much he enjoys woodworking over his day job. I asked him what he did, and he said that he was a judge in the county court. I replied that we were married by a county judge, and mentioned the name of the judge who married us. He said dryly, "You should have asked for a jury." :)

Top Bottom