20th.anniversary donation

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elody21

Status
Not open for further replies.

elody21

This is the pen I sent in for the AAW 20th Anniversary donation It is made with faux abalone resin, hand poured.

20066815157_fauxabalonebarron.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

Beautiful pen! Certainly will be one of a kind. Who gets it after the convention is over? Can I volunteer? I wouldn't want it to just get packed away somewhere!

elody21

Originally posted by Penmonky
<br />Nice! Did you use a live center while turning the body?
When I do closed ended pens that are resins or corian I exopy a small piece of wood to the end of the piece to be closed in. This makes it easy to use a live center to support the pen and form the shape before doing the very end.

gerryr

Beautiful work. I really need to figure out how you do that. Guess I could steal the Abalone shell from my wife's collection and smash it bits and experiement.[:0]

wayneis

Gerry I think that it would be eaiser and less painful to buy a bag of crushed shells off of Ebay. I don't remember exactly who it is that sells the stuff but I do know that I have seen it on Ebay. I think that if you were to swipe and crush your Wife's shells you may wake up with less bodily parts than what you went to bed with.

Wayne

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Beautiful work. I really need to figure out how you do that. Guess I could steal the Abalone shell from my wife's collection and smash it bits and experiement.[:0]

angboy

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />Gerry I think that it would be eaiser and less painful to buy a bag of crushed shells off of Ebay. I don't remember exactly who it is that sells the stuff but I do know that I have seen it on Ebay. I think that if you were to swipe and crush your Wife's shells you may wake up with less bodily parts than what you went to bed with.

Wayne

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Beautiful work. I really need to figure out how you do that. Guess I could steal the Abalone shell from my wife's collection and smash it bits and experiement.[:0]

Hhhmmmm, now that's an idea for something else that would be probably new and unique that could be crushed and thrown in with some CA glue or resin and turned into a pen... [}:)][}:)] (OK men, stop wincing!)

byounghusband

Hhhmmmm, now that's an idea for something else that would be probably new and unique that could be crushed and thrown in with some CA glue or resin and turned into a pen... (OK men, stop wincing!)

Yikes Angela!!!![:0][:0] I do believe that would top the pickle pen!!!![B)][8D][B)]

elody21

Originally posted by Draken
<br />Ok, so I'll be the first to ask this...

Where did you get the faux abalone resin from? Great looking pen by the way!

Cheers,
Draken
This is my own homemade resin

elody21

Originally posted by byounghusband
<br />
Hhhmmmm, now that's an idea for something else that would be probably new and unique that could be crushed and thrown in with some CA glue or resin and turned into a pen... (OK men, stop wincing!)

Yikes Angela!!!![:0][:0] I do believe that would top the pickle pen!!!![B)][8D][B)]
Check out my gallery. I have a real Abalone pen in resin on there. That is the one I sent into PMG as an entry pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom