Contest 2022 Birthday BASH – Youth Pen Making Contest Rules

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Contest Rules

Mr Vic

2022 Birthday BASH – Youth Pen Making Contest

Entries for the "Youth Pen Making Contest" will be accepted starting February 1, 2022 and will end February 21, 2022 at Midnight Mountain Time. NO EXCEPTIONS!

This contest is to let our youngest members and turners, as well as our adult members children compete in the Summer Extravaganza Pen competitions, competing only within their own age groups.

This contest is for those 17 and under as determined by their age at the start of the 2022 Birthday BASH, February 1, 2022. If your 18th Birthday is on January 31, 2022 then you qualify as an adult for BASH Contests.

How to Enter:

You must submit the information below when submitting your pen. Any pen posted to this thread or anyone revealing their work will be disqualified.

Use the following email to submit your entries: mrvicsiapcontest@gmail.com . Please include your IAP member Id, real Name and address with your entry (if old enough to be an IAP member). Otherwise submit using the IAP username of your Adult Supervisor.

Who Determines the Winners:

A member's poll will be created for your peers to vote. Voting will begin on February 22nd and continue until midnight February 25th. If necessary, a runoff poll will be conducted February 26th through Midnight February 27th. The winners will be revealed February 28th, 2022.

All contestants must comply with the Universal Contest Rules in addition to the following rules.

Rules for the Youth Pen Making Contest:

1 - The object of the contest is to create a pen on the lathe using all the components of a commercially available Ball Point pen kit and blank.

2 - There will be no modifications to the kits and no laser or CNC work allowed.

3 – Adults may assist in the turning of the pen, but the entrants must have "hands on" in the making of the pen. You are the best judge of your child's abilities to use power tools. Keep it safe!

4 - To enter the contest you must submit to the email listed above. You may submit up to 3 photographs. Photos need to be 800 x 600 with a maximum file size of 256kb.

5 - Your submission must include brief description of the materials and process used in the creation of your pen.

6 - Photographs should be on a plane background without props of any sort. A clear plastic pen stand is acceptable. Remember that you will be judged based on your photographs submitted.

7 - Please include your member ID, real name and address along with your entry.

8 - One entry per youth.

9 - Entrant must be under the age of 18.

Prizes:

First – Silver PEn Kit from Silver Pen Parts $100
Second - BOB from kronewi
Third - BOB from napagibb
All who enter will receive a surprise from Mr Vic

If there are any questions or concerns about your entry, please contact me via PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alan Morrison

Hello Vic.
I have tried unsuccessfully to enter my 13 year old neighbour's pen in the youth competition. I just get the message that 'there is a problem age 17 and under'

Alan

Mr Vic

Hello Vic.
I have tried unsuccessfully to enter my 13 year old neighbour's pen in the youth competition. I just get the message that 'there is a problem age 17 and under'

Alan
Alan,

Just tested and getting the error as well. Worked fine yesterday. Will let Jeff know.

edicehouse

I am in Washington State, and flying back to Virginia the 23rd. Marley (my youngest) has said every time I talk to her we are going to make a pen for her when I get back. I will only be back for a week. This is the first time in a while she has been wanting to get in the shop with me. So unfortunately she will not be able to enter this year.

Good luck to all those entering this year.

Top Bottom