2022 BASH Puzzle #1

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Alright Puzzle Enthusiasts, here is our first puzzle for the 2022 Bash Puzzle Contests. There will be a total of about 10 puzzles during the month, so be sure to enter as many as possible to increase your chances of winning a prize.

There are two parts to your challenge for this puzzle.
1. Who made the pen shown in the attached photo? (Real Name or IAP User Name)
2. What is the name of the tutorial he wrote describing a technique used in making this pen?

Here are the rules:
1. General IAP Contest rules and the General BASH Puzzle rules apply
2. You must submit your entry using the official puzzle entry form: https://www.penturners.org/form/puzzle-contest.12/select
3. One entry per person and one set of answers per entry. Your entry must contain your real name, the puzzle number, and your guess.
4. Each correct answer will earn 1 point toward the overall Puzzle Prize total - you will earn 2 points if you get both parts correct
5. Banter is expected and encouraged, but DO NOT post any hints or real guesses in this thread.
6. This contest will close at noon Central Time on Monday Feb 7
8. In addition to earning a point or two toward the grand prizes, each correct entry will also be entered into a drawing for one or more individual puzzle prizes
9. The maker of this pen IS eligible to enter.

HINTS:
1. This penmaker has been an IAP member for over 10 years.
2. The tutorial can be found in the IAP Library.

NOTE: Even if you have no idea who made this pen, take a guess at one or both answers and send in an entry anyway. At the end of the puzzle contests, there will be a drawing from all entrants who didn't earn a single point in any contest. Bottom line is, you can't win anything if you don't enter.

Good luck, have fun, and let me know if you have any questions

Edgar

Attachments

• puzzle1.jpg
    puzzle1.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 215
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Crud - I know I had the correct guy, but I think I may have picked the wrong one of his tutorials. (I do believe that the picture shows two different techniques that he used on the pen and each one has it's own tutorial). Maybe I can get the next one right. - Dave (PS, Thanks Edgar for running the BASH Puzzles. They are a lot of fun).

MRDucks2

I am quite certain I picked the correct pen maker. I am also quite certain I did not pick the correct tutorial.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle #1 is now closed.

The correct answers were:
Penmaker = Chuck Hastings (dalecamino)
Tutorial = How to Add Bands to Your Caps (or Adding Bands to Your Caps)

The same tutorial appears under two different titles in the Techniques section of our Library. Sorry, no extra credit if you found both. :)

Top Bottom