Administrator
Staff member
IT'S TIME FOR THE
18th Anniversary Logo Contest!
!

Some NEW RULES this year!

*** $300 Cash Prize ***

Enter via email (see below) by Sunday, Dec 5, 2021

Welcome to the 2022 IAP Anniversary Logo Design Contest. You design it, and the members vote on it. The winning logo ends up on any items we might produce for our anniversary celebration ("The Bash") in February 2022.

We're looking for logos which:

• have clean, simple lines in black and white
  • have elements of pens, the IAP, penmaking, etc.
  • contains the number "18" or "XVIII", or the word "eighteen", "eighteenth", or some other commonly recognized symbol for 18
  • has some reference to our anniversary. Such as the phrase "18th Anniversary", or "18 Years of Penmaking", or some other indication that we are commemorating another year of existence of the IAP
  • have an aspect ratio no greater than 1.5:1 (The larger dimension no more than 1.5 times the smaller dimension.)
  • As prior logos have done, you may incorporate the IAP logo into your submission
Entries
  • This year, for the first time, hand-drawn logos will be accepted. You can scan or photograph your hand-drawn logo and submit that image
  • Your hand-drawn entry should be of sufficient quality to use directly on logo items. In other words, "hand-drawn" should not be interpreted to mean "rough concept"
  • All entries will be voted on together, whether hand-drawn or digitally created
  • If a hand-drawn logo wins, we may recreate the logo in digital format for ease of use in producing items for sale
Selection Process
  • The winning logo will be selected by a single 7 day vote by the members
  • If more than 10 logos are entered, an additional, 5-day semi-final vote may be added to down-select a smaller number of entries
  • If fewer than 5 logos are entered, the contest may be canceled, or one of the submitted logos may be chosen by other means
  • If you win, we may ask you to tweak your design slightly to fit our needs
The Prize

The winner will receive:

• $300 USD delivered via PayPal
  • Your choice of two of the items we produce with your logo. (Two mugs, a shirt and a mug, etc.)
Submitting Your Entry

Entries will be accepted beginning Oct 1, 2021 until approximately midnight US Eastern time on December 5, 2021

DO NOT POST YOUR ENTRY ANYWHERE!!! Submit it by email as described below.

• You may submit up to two entries. If you submit two, they should be substantially different from each other
  • There is no fee for entry
  • Entries become the property of Penturners.org, LLC
  • Submit your entry by email to: logo18 ("at" penturners.org). Please put "2022 Logo Contest Entry" in the subject field of your email. I acknowledge all entries by replying to your submission email. If you don't hear from me within 24 hours of receipt, contact me
  • PLEASE include your IAP member name with your submission!
  • If you submit more than one entry, please send them in separate emails. Once you submit an entry, please don't send a revision in a later email. Make sure what you submit is your final entry
  • Entries should be jpg images of your entry, at 800px in the largest dimension.
  • Only members of The IAP/penturners.org are eligible
  • Members of the management team and moderators are not eligible
Additional Information:
  • The logo you submit will be voted upon exactly as you submit it. We won't do any cleanup or tweaking until after the winner is selected.
  • If your submission includes any elements which are not your own creation, you must have full rights to distribute the elements included with your design.
  • The submitted logos must be black and white, not gray scale or color. (If we produce items which we decide would benefit from color in the logo, we'll ask you to add color.)
  • HERE is the vector file of our web logo. A "simplified" version of our logo is available. It's the one we use for embroidery and it has fewer lines inside the oval. You are welcome to use that one instead of the "standard" version linked above. (If you incorporate our logo, I strongly suggest the simplified version. It's much cleaner looking on items.)
If you have questions or concerns, Start a conversation with me, or post here (If you post, please don't quote this entire text!)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ENTER!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Just a reminder that the deadline for entries is about a month away. Get those creative juices flowing!

NGLJ

Ok found in plain site! Duh! My browser security would not let me open in a new tab or window. However, I did mange to download the eps file. I had to convert to svg to use it. SVG is a more universal format. It is the pdf of vector images. I can send you the SVG if you let me know how.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Reminder that entries for the logo contest must be submitted before midnight Eastern time on Dec 5.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Just a few hours left to get your entry submitted. If you sent in an entry and did not get an acknowledgement back from me, I did not receive it.

Top Bottom