2021 Birthday Bash ~ Slimline Unlimited Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred Bruche

A blast from the past (I'll post links to the previous editions as replies later or feel free to search in older threads)
You have mastered the process of making Slimline pens and you are looking to be more creative? Well, this contest is for you!
Do you feel your creativity is restricted by the Slimline Contest rules? Well, this contest is for you!
You don't have the time to practice your kitless skills to enter the Kitless Contest? Well, this contest is for you!
Do you feel you can't compete with those "crazy segmenters"? Well, this contest is for you!
You don't have fancy wood blanks to enter in the Pretty Wood contest? Well, this contest is for you!
For undisclosed reasons, you can't enter the Youth contests? Well, this contest is for you!

In addition to the Universal Contest Rules, the rules for this contest are simple.
Let your creative juices flow, the goal is to build a pen around a Slimline transmission piece.
And yes, your creation must use a slimline cross style refill and must be a functional writing instrument.
No animal (vertebrate or invertebrate) part shall be used.
That's it.
The rest is up to you.
You may use any material or technique you want (but do it safely!).

Photographs
- You may submit up to 4 photos of your creation (one of these could be of the pen making process).
- An 800 x 600 size picture will provide enough space to show details of your work. The contest chair reserves the right to resize photographs or slightly crop them to achieve a consistent image size.
- You may use a prop to photograph your piece of art, but a human body part is not an acceptable prop.
- To better highlight your creation a plain single-colored background that contrasts but not distract from your creation is typically the best.

To Enter
Submit your entry by email to slimlineunlimited@penturners.org and include the following with your entry:
- Your Name, Username, email address
- The materials you chose to use.
- Maximum of four pictures.
- A description of the making process.

Do not post your entry in this thread. One entry per person.

Entries for The Slimline Unlimited Contest will be accepted starting February 3rd, 2021, and ending February 22nd, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern.
Please send a private message after you submit your entry to help ensure that your entry has been received.

Voting will start on February 27th, 2021(or earlier, time permitting), and will be open for 5 days.
Voting will follow the Universal Contest Rules. If more than 10 entries are received, two polls will be conducted. The top 8 entries from the first poll will compete in the second poll to determine first, second, and third places.

First place -Silver Pen Kit from Silver Pen Parts $90
Second place - Gift certificate from Mckenzie Penworks $50
Third place - A BOB from Napagibb $25

Any questions regarding the rules? Please post in this thread or send me a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred Bruche

So far a handful (I'm being very generous here) of submissions... is there really little interest in this contest or y'all are actively working on your submission? Time will tell, still a couple of weekends to go, but I'm ready for more action :D

Fred Bruche

In case someone is stuck, here's some inspiration for your entry to this contest :)

Fred Bruche

And just like that, your motivation should be significantly enhanced... Amazing prizes just posted by Master of ceremony Sir Redburn. No more time to waste ladies and gents!

MPVic

And just like that, your motivation should be significantly enhanced... Amazing prizes just posted by Master of ceremony Sir Redburn. No more time to waste ladies and gents!
Just to clarify, any kit that takes a Cross-style refill, i.e. 7 mm, is eligible? Does that include a Euro kit?
Thanks,
Mark

Fred Bruche

Just to clarify, any kit that takes a Cross-style refill, i.e. 7 mm, is eligible? Does that include a Euro kit?
Thanks,
Mark
Absolutely, the Euro kit fits the rules.
The main idea of this contest of to encourage creativity, so kit modifications are strongly encouraged. Make your own center band, change the length of the upper or lower parts, one-piece body, use bike parts, plumbing fittings, pieces from those reading glasses that just broke... everything goes, except animal (vertebrate or invertebrate) parts.

Fred Bruche

As a head-up, you should prepare to protect your keyboard, there's a good chance you'll be drooling when you see the entries for this contest. You've been warned!
For those that are still working on it, you have a little over one day left to send me pictures!

Top Bottom