2021 Bash PITH SIgn up thread.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drewboy22

If another partner is needed, I would be honored to exchange a pen with you. We'll wait and see what Mike indicates. ;)
Mark, thank you. I have since been paired up. However... I would love to swap with you too if you want to :) I can turn another pen on Saturday with your name on it. Send me a PM if you want to ;)

walshjp17

PITH to jjaworski went in the mail yesterday. Received my PITH from Jim today - a gorgeous Sedona FP with some local New Mexican timbers. Thanks so much, Jim.

F091F3C6-CFBE-4EA8-8E95-4FCA013FCC17.jpeg

tgsponge1

I just received my PITH from David Lange, aka "egnald" I am at a lack for words. His PITH package was amazing. The Pen he made is gorgeous, and all the wood he sent is really beautiful . I am going to try to do justice to the wood he sent, and use the kits he sent, and hope for the best.

Thanks again David, you sent a great PITH to me. Yours will be on the way early next week.

Tim

Attachments

• Pith Pix.jpg
    Pith Pix.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 186

jjjaworski

My PITH from walshjp17 was waiting for me in my mailbox when I got home from work a few minutes ago.
Man was I surprised to see two fabulous pens along with quite a few nice pen blanks.
Thanks John - that was extremely generous of you. I have never turned either kit and I like them both so it looks like I will be giving them a whirl in the near future.

DSCN0510.jpg DSCN0511.jpg

Photos were quick and dirty before the sun went down.

egnald

I just received my PITH from Tim (tgsponge1). What a fantastic gift. The two pens are gorgeous and the blanks are fantastic. It was a good exchange, the blanks are outside of my comfort zone virtually every material in the package is something I have wondered and thought about before but have never acquired. And what a selection from Ancient Bog Oak to Corian to Spectraply and Fordite. I am really anxious to turn them into pens.

Thanks a bunch Tim! I think this was a very successful and much appreciated PITH exchange. - Dave

PITH from Tgsponge1 (Cropped).jpg

tgsponge1

I just received my PITH from Tim (tgsponge1). What a fantastic gift. The two pens are gorgeous and the blanks are fantastic. It was a good exchange, the blanks are outside of my comfort zone virtually every material in the package is something I have wondered and thought about before but have never acquired. And what a selection from Ancient Bog Oak to Corian to Spectraply and Fordite. I am really anxious to turn them into pens.

Thanks a bunch Tim! I think this was a very successful and much appreciated PITH exchange. - Dave

View attachment 297734
You are welcome! I thought these would be a challenge for you to try. I too am very happy with this PITH.

stolicky

Yeah, so, when I glanced at this thread a while back, I saw the February 28th date and figured I had time to sign up. Oops! :rolleyes: However, not only to sign up, but also get my kid motivated to also participate in an exchange. She is actively working on a pen for the under 13 Bash contest, but would also like to do a swap with another pen she is working on. We also did this two years ago. If anyone is interested in doing a swap, let me know. I will also participate. International is also fine, and actually extra cool! Thanks, all.

pssherman

Yeah, so, when I glanced at this thread a while back, I saw the February 28th date and figured I had time to sign up. Oops! :rolleyes: However, not only to sign up, but also get my kid motivated to also participate in an exchange. She is actively working on a pen for the under 13 Bash contest, but would also like to do a swap with another pen she is working on. We also did this two years ago. If anyone is interested in doing a swap, let me know. I will also participate. International is also fine, and actually extra cool! Thanks, all.
If she hasn't been partnered with someone else, I would be glad to do it.

Sly Dog

Got my Mechanical Pencil From Sly Dog today and its great. I wanted to thank IAP for putting something like this together and Mredburn for facilitating. Show and tell below.
Glad you like it Kyle and thanks to KenB259 for the segmenting jig plans and video that helped me make the jig and blank.

erichardson

I gotta say, this was the best exchange so far for me. I have had some nice exchanges but this one took the cake! Huge shoutout to @jwinner0406 of Ten Finger Turnings! Joel made a super Bamboo pen on a Jr Independence "We The People" kit and it is absolutely gorgeous. Additionally, he sent me some of his blanks to include Baltic Birch, Stabilized Hempwood, Stabilized and dyed Bamboo, Easter Egg (my wife's eyes lit up when she saw this one) and a stabilized Saguaro Cactus. Lastly he included a local Arizona favorite of Prickly Pear Jelly!!! I love jelly and will be testing that tonight with some peanut butter and toast!

Thank you Joel for this amazing swap!
8EEFF395-F3C8-458D-AD14-14E6E69B38B3.jpeg
BDC8D0C1-C28A-44BE-917F-39AC5F8F3242.jpeg

Sly Dog

This was my first PITH and it was awesome. My PITH partner, Kyle Clemins, sent me an incredible Celtic pen accented with dots, and with my name laser-engraved on it! Included were some great pen blanks of old and figured woods, and cutoffs from cutting boards that will make very cool segmented pens. It's been a pleasure to get acquainted with Kyle. MANY THANKS to Kyle and the organizers of this PITH! It has been a great experience. Russ
.BDF8FE6A-CCD9-42ED-9F6E-6FB2F92EBCEF.jpeg3A3D6661-D89D-453F-8F48-D2B760C427B3.jpeg

hippi

got mine last week but just now got around to take some pics and post from Paul Sherman

Attachments

• DFE_4431.JPG
    DFE_4431.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 166
  • DFE_4434.JPG
    DFE_4434.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 170
  • DFE_4435.JPG
    DFE_4435.JPG
    232.6 KB · Views: 161

justturnings

Got my PITH from Tim McKenzie FROM DiamondCast yesterday.
Amazing Trustone Emperor pen, has a fantastic nib on it which I was really enjoying writing with. Inked with a nice matching blue ink from 3 Oysters.

Attachments

• 20210319_141254.jpg
    20210319_141254.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 147
  • 20210319_145311.jpg
    20210319_145311.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 20210319_141154.jpg
    20210319_141154.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 162

egnald

This is awesome. I joined too late. Can't wait for the next one. Looks like so much fun.
damn missed it

To: cheetah1965 and Madman1978 and anyone else interested:
There is a Forum dedicated to PITH swaps called "PITH (Pen In The Hat - Pen Swaps)".
Here is a Link to the Forum: Link to PITH Forum

From the Sticky on the Forum:
While we all enjoy the Structured Piths held sporadically through the year, the opportunity to exchange a pen and make new friends or to keep in contact with an old one should be available throughout the year.
The rules for this thread are simple. Start up a thread by posting your available to do an exchange, work out the specifications or lack of for the pen, and the time frame, and logistics of delivery.

There are more details in the Sticky on the Forum, but this would provide the two of you to establish a PITH swap between yourselves or to state your interest in doing a PITH with someone else that is willing.

Regards,
Dave

Top Bottom