2020 Super Bowl Pool

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
We currently have 37 players with up to 56 squares covered. Still room for lots more players.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Count me in and will do two if needed. What Island are you going to?

Thanks, Robert. My work is at the Navy's underground fuel storage facility at Red Hill on Oahu - 3 miles from the Pearl Harbor base. We build the tank gauging equipment for those huge tanks and I'm our Project Manager for that system, so I get to make a trip over there from time to time. This trip has been postponed for a few weeks, so I won't be going until later in Feb or sometime in Mar. Typical bureaucratic issues.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
We currently have 40 players with up to 62 squares spoken for, so we still have room for lots more players.

I really don't want to leave a lot of empty squares in the grid, so please encourage others to join in.

Did I mention that new members are welcome to play as well? Let me know if you have any questions.

Larrym0666

Im in !! - Can do two spots if needed.

We currently have 40 players with up to 62 squares spoken for, so we still have room for lots more players.

I really don't want to leave a lot of empty squares in the grid, so please encourage others to join in.

Did I mention that new members are welcome to play as well? Let me know if you have any questions.
I m in

bigdaddy67

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
THE 2020 IAP 11TH ANNUAL SUPERBOWL POOL

FEEL FREE TO BEGIN TRASH TALKING AT ANY TIME

**For those who are unfamiliar with football pools, here's an explanation of how it works…

IT'S VERY SIMPLE...

The BLANK grid is broken up into 100 squares (10 across by 10 high). Entrant's names are randomly drawn and placed into the squares. AFTER all the names are placed, numbers 0-9 are randomly drawn and placed across the top along with the name of one team, and again along the side in no particular order for the other team, somewhat like a scrambled multiplication table. At the end of the first quarter, if the score is 7 – 3, you go across the top to 7 for team A, then down the side to 3 for team B. Where that column and row intersect is the square with the winner's name. Only the last number of the score is used; ex. 21-14 would be squares 1 and 4.

HERE ARE THE RULES: PLEASE READ ALL OF THEM CAREFULLY

1. You may start signing up immediately in this thread. Sign-ups will be limited to the first 100 people to register (including me - I am playing too). When you register, please indicate if you would like a second square. Sign-ups will close when we reach 100 players, or at 10 PM on Jan 30 Hawaii Time. If we do not have 100 people by that time, I will assign second squares to those who want one in the order of your registration.

2. There is no cost to play, other than a few blanks you have laying around your shop and the cost of postage. You may ship the winner of your blanks any number of blanks you wish, but they should have a minimum value of at least $10. That means if you have one nice custom casted blank worth $10, then that is all you need to send. Or you can send 10 blanks worth $1 each. Of course you can send more if you wish. Most people send an SFRB of blanks and some people have even sent an MFRB full of blanks. If you wind up with 2 squares, you will need to send two sets of blanks each worth at least $10.

Do NOT sign up if you are not willing to ship internationally.

3. Once we have everyone signed up, names will be randomly assigned to a square on the grid. Your personal square is yours for the entire game and enables you to win blanks in any of the 4 quarters. Then another random drawing will determine the numbers across the top and side. Finally another random drawing (coin flip) will determine which team gets the top numbers and the side numbers.

4. The entire grid will be broken into 4 colors, each representing a different quarter of the game. The winner of each quarter will receive blanks from each of the people whose names appear in that particular color. In the event that there is a scoreless quarter, the winner from the previous quarter will be carried over and win blanks from that group as well. It is possible that you could win pen blanks from 50 different people, or more!

5. The 4th Quarter winner will be determined by the FINAL score of the game. If the game goes into overtime, the 4Q winner will be determined by the score at the end of the game rather than the end of the Fourth Quarter.

SOME NOTES;
- I will NOT chase people who participate but "forget" to mail their blanks. Deadbeats WILL be publicly shamed. I strongly suggest that you pack up your blanks before game day and have them ready to ship on Feb 3. No excuses - if you're kicking, you're shipping!
- Our IAP management tea, is also invited to play, everyone likes a shot at some management blanks.
- A special invitation is made to our international friends. Now is your chance to be a part of real football.
- I know that some of our ladies are football fans, join in!
- If you are under 18, get your parents approval first, then take everyone's blanks.
- All of you folks who have metal lathes or do great castings, segmenting, etc. are invited - boy are you invited!
- Previous winners are required to play to give everyone a chance to get their blanks back :)
- I will be in Hawaii for the week prior to the game, so my posts will probably appear in the middle of the night for you mainlanders - be sure to check for new posts every morning

Attached are the results from last year. That will give anyone who is not familiar with this game some insight into how it works. You may post any questions about the game in this thread or send me a PM.

Have fun.
Edgar

View attachment 231052
I'm in if still room.

bigdaddy67

I'm in

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Still room for lots more players, but we are getting close to a full grid.

We currently have 55 players, so there's room for 45 more.

32 players have signed up for a possible 2nd square, so we can cover 87 squares with our current players.

Still 4 days to join the fun.

Top Bottom