2020 Super Bowl Pool

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
THE 2020 IAP 11TH ANNUAL SUPERBOWL POOL

FEEL FREE TO BEGIN TRASH TALKING AT ANY TIME

**For those who are unfamiliar with football pools, here's an explanation of how it works…

IT'S VERY SIMPLE...

The BLANK grid is broken up into 100 squares (10 across by 10 high). Entrant's names are randomly drawn and placed into the squares. AFTER all the names are placed, numbers 0-9 are randomly drawn and placed across the top along with the name of one team, and again along the side in no particular order for the other team, somewhat like a scrambled multiplication table. At the end of the first quarter, if the score is 7 – 3, you go across the top to 7 for team A, then down the side to 3 for team B. Where that column and row intersect is the square with the winner's name. Only the last number of the score is used; ex. 21-14 would be squares 1 and 4.

HERE ARE THE RULES: PLEASE READ ALL OF THEM CAREFULLY

1. You may start signing up immediately in this thread. Sign-ups will be limited to the first 100 people to register (including me - I am playing too). When you register, please indicate if you would like a second square. Sign-ups will close when we reach 100 players, or at 10 PM on Jan 30 Hawaii Time. If we do not have 100 people by that time, I will assign second squares to those who want one in the order of your registration.

2. There is no cost to play, other than a few blanks you have laying around your shop and the cost of postage. You may ship the winner of your blanks any number of blanks you wish, but they should have a minimum value of at least $10. That means if you have one nice custom casted blank worth $10, then that is all you need to send. Or you can send 10 blanks worth $1 each. Of course you can send more if you wish. Most people send an SFRB of blanks and some people have even sent an MFRB full of blanks. If you wind up with 2 squares, you will need to send two sets of blanks each worth at least $10.

Do NOT sign up if you are not willing to ship internationally.

3. Once we have everyone signed up, names will be randomly assigned to a square on the grid. Your personal square is yours for the entire game and enables you to win blanks in any of the 4 quarters. Then another random drawing will determine the numbers across the top and side. Finally another random drawing (coin flip) will determine which team gets the top numbers and the side numbers.

4. The entire grid will be broken into 4 colors, each representing a different quarter of the game. The winner of each quarter will receive blanks from each of the people whose names appear in that particular color. In the event that there is a scoreless quarter, the winner from the previous quarter will be carried over and win blanks from that group as well. It is possible that you could win pen blanks from 50 different people, or more!

5. The 4th Quarter winner will be determined by the FINAL score of the game. If the game goes into overtime, the 4Q winner will be determined by the score at the end of the game rather than the end of the Fourth Quarter.

SOME NOTES;
- I will NOT chase people who participate but "forget" to mail their blanks. Deadbeats WILL be publicly shamed. I strongly suggest that you pack up your blanks before game day and have them ready to ship on Feb 3. No excuses - if you're kicking, you're shipping!
- Our IAP management tea, is also invited to play, everyone likes a shot at some management blanks.
- A special invitation is made to our international friends. Now is your chance to be a part of real football.
- I know that some of our ladies are football fans, join in!
- If you are under 18, get your parents approval first, then take everyone's blanks.
- All of you folks who have metal lathes or do great castings, segmenting, etc. are invited - boy are you invited!
- Previous winners are required to play to give everyone a chance to get their blanks back :)
- I will be in Hawaii for the week prior to the game, so my posts will probably appear in the middle of the night for you mainlanders - be sure to check for new posts every morning

Attached are the results from last year. That will give anyone who is not familiar with this game some insight into how it works. You may post any questions about the game in this thread or send me a PM.

Have fun.
Edgar

2019 SB pool grid-Final.jpeg

greenacres2

I'm IN!! And i will definitely take a second square if the opportunity arises.
Thanks for doing this Edgar!! Hawaii in late January sounds like a real treat--enjoy!!
earl (packing blanks tomorrow)

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Nice, you cancelled your trip for us to run the pool? Lol

Count me in, I'll do 2 if needed.

No, but it should be a low stress trip. I will be in Hawaii for 2 weeks with Super Bowl weekend in the middle of the trip. I might not be on-line in real time during the game, but I'll find time to get everything set up before kickoff.

I'm in and will do a 2nd square if needed. Can we send pencil kits instead of blanks, or both if we get 2 squares. I bought pencil kits instead of pen kits and I have some laying around that i am not going to use.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'm in and will do a 2nd square if needed. Can we send pencil kits instead of blanks, or both if we get 2 squares. I bought pencil kits instead of pen kits and I have some laying around that i am not going to use.

I would suggest that you contact the winner of your square about that before deviating from what is stated in the rules.

On the other hand, the definition of "blanks" is somewhat open. They don't necessarily have to be pen blanks. Stopper blanks, bowl blanks, or larger chunks of wood that can be cut down for pen blanks or other projects are acceptable.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'm IN!! And i will definitely take a second square if the opportunity arises.
Thanks for doing this Edgar!! Hawaii in late January sounds like a real treat--enjoy!!
earl (packing blanks tomorrow)

Thanks Earl - it's tough duty, but somebody's gotta do it. ;)

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
If anyone would like to participate, but can't because of the international shipping obligation, I will personally reimburse up to 3 people for international shipping charges up to $25 per package.

Go Browns! (Championship football is Cleveland's 🦄)

Sataro

Count me in for a square. If needed, will do a second square. Thanks Edgar for running this again.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Barely 1 day into sign-ups and we already have 22 players with up to 37 squares covered if seconds are needed, but there is plenty of room for more players.

NEW MEMBERS ARE WELCOME & ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS FUN ACTIVITY.
Who Knows, you might win a ton of blanks! Let me know if you have any questions.

Top Bottom