2020 Smock Group Buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ramaroodle

Hey, what did I miss? I asked back on Aug 20th if I needed to stay subscribed to this thread to be notified and was told that I didn't need to be and would be notified. Never saw an announcement. Now it looks like ordering is closed?? I wanted a 3X. Am I out of luck?? :(

1602377330596.png

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Hey, what did I miss? I asked back on Aug 20th if I needed to stay subscribed to this thread to be notified and was told that I didn't need to be and would be notified. Never saw an announcement. Now it looks like ordering is closed?? I wanted a 3X. Am I out of luck?? :(

View attachment 253551
These quotes are from another thread. https://www.penturners.org/threads/are-you-interested-in-a-new-iap-turning-smock.166451/page-2

You are now posting your questions in the thread I told you to watch for. It ran from Aug.30 to Sept. 20 It was located on the front page, where it still remains. However, it is now closed. I wanted everyone who wanted a smock to have one. Including you. I am checking with Jeff to see if there is any way we can add to the order. I or Jeff, will let you know.

ramaroodle

These quotes are from another thread. https://www.penturners.org/threads/are-you-interested-in-a-new-iap-turning-smock.166451/page-2

You are now posting your questions in the thread I told you to watch for. It ran from Aug.30 to Sept. 20 It was located on the front page, where it still remains. However, it is now closed. I wanted everyone who wanted a smock to have one. Including you. I am checking with Jeff to see if there is any way we can add to the order. I or Jeff, will let you know.

Totally my fault. I don't always look at the front page. No worries. Let me know. I need a 3x.

ramaroodle

I'm not promising you'll get one, but I will need color preference, do you want a name embroidered on it, and if so, where do you want it located?
No preference in color and don't care if it doesn't get a name if that makes it more likely that I'll get one. Name is Andy. Don't care about placement either.

cseymour

Just out of curiosity, how often do you place these orders?
I missed this one but would be interested when you do another.

Thank you

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Just out of curiosity, how often do you place these orders?
I missed this one but would be interested when you do another.

Thank you
Very infrequently. I believe the last smock order was in 2017. This one was pretty popular, so maybe next year too.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
We've been informed that the bulk order shipped from the vendor. I'll be printing the address labels over the next few days, then I'll send them to Chuck so he can ship them to the recipients. If you get a shipping notice, it means that I've printed your label. You should get another when Chuck takes them to the PO and they get scanned in.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
A huge THANK YOU to Jeff, for running this purchase through the IAP store. It really streamlined the entire process by eliminating emails, and record keeping etc. And how about that awesome smock logo? That was Jeff's idea too.

ghansen4

Got mine this evening and unfortunately it is way too big! I ordered a medium and even wearing it over clothes there is so much extra material that it doesn't feel safe. Oh well, next time I'll have to get the small.

MikeDzien

Just got my smock!! It's awesome! Love how it turned out... except one thing. I got a medium because that is my shirt size and it wears like a XXXXL. I have a small frame (160lbs 5'11", so I'm a toothpick) but dang. Is there a way to exchange or something? I don't want to order a small or smaller and it be correctly fitting small or smaller and have to sim for a moving target if you know what I mean

duncsuss

Mine arrived today; also size M, and way bigger than I am šŸ¤£

My dad was a tailor, so I have a pretty good idea how to take it in with a seam up the centre back - and the overall quality is much better than my old smock.

goldendj

My daughter and received ours today. She is very excited to have an official penturning smock with her name on it. The small is more like a dress on her--she's only 9--but that means it'll last her as she grows.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Got mine this evening and unfortunately it is way too big! I ordered a medium and even wearing it over clothes there is so much extra material that it doesn't feel safe. Oh well, next time I'll have to get the small.
Mine arrived today; also size M, and way bigger than I am šŸ¤£

My dad was a tailor, so I have a pretty good idea how to take it in with a seam up the centre back - and the overall quality is much better than my old smock.
Just got my smock!! It's awesome! Love how it turned out... except one thing. I got a medium because that is my shirt size and it wears like a XXXXL. I have a small frame (160lbs 5'11", so I'm a toothpick) but dang. Is there a way to exchange or something? I don't want to order a small or smaller and it be correctly fitting small or smaller and have to sim for a moving target if you know what I mean

Interesting that the size issues seem to be with the Mediums. Chuck and I are discussing how to handle this. We'll approach the company and see if they are willing to provide either correctly sized mediums, or perhaps smalls.

duncsuss

Interesting that the size issues seem to be with the Mediums. Chuck and I are discussing how to handle this. We'll approach the company and see if they are willing to provide either correctly sized mediums, or perhaps smalls.

If they don't, I can live with it - as I said, I know how to adjust the fit to make it work for me - but I would prefer not to have to do that. Thanks!

MikeDzien

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I've only ever seen in school and don't have a machine so I would likely ruin it lol.

bmac

Got mine yesterday, very nice and well made. I ordered a large and while it's bigger than a normal large, the fit is good when I tried it over my regular shirt. Thanks for getting this done Jeff.

Top Bottom