2020 SE "Slimline" pen contest.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred Bruche

Following Mike's example, I'm going to keep the rules short and sweet. If you have any question please ask here or PM me.

Howdy howdy, the Summer Extravaganza 2020 Slimline Contest is upon us

1- The hardware must be a double-barrel pen or pencil and use 7mm brass tubes (Slimline, Funline, Euro, Comfort,…).
2- You must use ALL the components that are included in the little bags (for example custom center bands are not allowed).
3- You may use any blank material, wood (as is, stabilized, dyed, burned,…), plastics, metal. No segmenting, laser engraving, sticker, or any sort of embellishment though.
4- Submit 2 photos (800 x 600, or I will crop to that dimension before uploading) of your pen, you may use a prop to hold your pen in place (clear plastic stand, small off-cut from the blank).
5- You may not post pictures of your pen online in any social media place until the contest is over.
6- One entry per person.

Submit your entry by email to "SlimlinePen@penturners.org" and include the following with your entry:
- Your Name and IAP Username.
- Two pictures.
- A brief description to highlight interesting points (blank material, technique, finish, …).

Entries for The Slimline Contest will be accepted starting August 1st, 2020, and ending August 18th, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. USA EST.
Please send a private message after you submit your entry to help ensure that your entry has been received.

Prizes to be announced by Ceremony Master Mike Redburn.
1st, A Box of Kits from walshjp17
2nd, A gift certificate from Robutacion for $25.00
3rd, A BOB from MRVic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred Bruche

Hello Fred.
Does wire burning count as ' embellishment ' ?
Alan

Hi Alan,
You can use all the wires you want, burning the wood is allowed per the rules :)
Not allowed embellishment could be water decal, carving your blank to inlay crushed stone, or adding mother of pearl "dots", or making a groove to insert a copper wire. In short, let's keep it simple :)

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Done!

Fred - I did not set up those email addresses, but I can.

@mredburn if you can send me a message with the addresses you want and the forward-to address, I can set them up.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I will get them to you.
Mr Vic is also doing the youth contests if you can add them to the front page.

Fred Bruche

A few hours left, enough time to take pictures and submit your entry to the contest.
Voting will be set up in the next few days, I predict a tight race...

Top Bottom