2020 BASH Youth 13 to 17 Pen Making Contest - Voting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Please vote for your favorite thre entries.

• Entry #1

• Entry #2

• Entry #3

• Entry #4

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Mr Vic

Youth Over 13 and Under 17 Pen Making Contest - Vote

Please vote for your favorite three. We will only hold this one poll on this Contest.
Voting closes Midnight February 25, 2020

Entry 1
Pen is Wall Street Black Titanium w/Gold, Wood is Lucerne. Entrant turned the blank on a Grizzly lathe and then sanded and polished it with Aussie oil. He assembled it and the final product is below.

O13-01-A.jpg
O13-01-B.jpg

Entry 2
The kit is an Antique Pewter and Antique Copper PSI Steampunk. The blank was purchased from Tom Bell (m4skinner). Entrant did all of the work on this. I did nothing but verbally instruct him. He has been turning since he was around 8 or 9 years old.

O13-02-A.jpg
O13-02-B.jpg
O13-02-C.jpg

Entry 3
Entrant's 1st choice of a blank was a resin/wood hybrid (worthless wood) that unfortunately blew up as it was nearing completion. The blank he ended up using was labeled "Primaries". I remember picking it up at one of the gatherings. I think it came from either Richard Greenwald or Fred Wissen.
The kit is a Black Titanium & Chrome Major Twist. He did all of the work. All I did was watch and make a suggestion every now and then.

O13-03-A.jpg
O13-03-B.jpg
O13-03-C.jpg

Entry 4
The pen is an Executive Sierra in chrome and brushed chrome wrapped in stabilized buckeye burl. It is finished with 8-10 coats of CA, which was a first attempt at a CA finish, then wet sanded and polished with plastic polish prior to the final assembly.

O13-04-A.jpg
O13-04-B.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom