2020 Bash Puzzle Contests

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
The 2020 Bash Puzzle Contests will follow the same format as the last several years.

There will be a variety of contests: Wood Identification, Trivia, Word Games, and whatever else I can think of. There will be at least 10 individual puzzle contests, with the exact number TBD.

Each contest will have its own thread and specific rules, but the general IAP Contest Rules will apply to each puzzle.

Each correct answer to an individual puzzle will earn 1 to 3 points toward the overall Puzzle Contest Prizes. First, Second, and Third place prizes will be awarded.

All correct answers to an individual puzzle will be entered into a drawing for a prize for that puzzle. You can only win one individual puzzle prize, but you can still win one of the 3 grand prizes even if you win an individual puzzle prize.

There will also be a prize drawing for people who enter one or more puzzle contests but don't earn a single point. So no matter how difficult the puzzle is, you still have a chance to win a prize just for trying.

All prize announcements will be made after all puzzles are completed. This is to encourage people to keep playing as many puzzles as possible.

All answers must be submitted to the email address posted in the individual puzzle threads. Do not post any answers or actual guesses in the puzzle threads.

Some puzzles will be easy, some not so much, but everyone has a chance to win a prize, so don't be shy. I especially encourage our new members to participate in this contest even if you don't want to enter one of the skill contests.

You may post questions or comments in this thread.

Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
The final day for puzzle contests will be Wed 26 Feb. I will announce all winners between Feb 26 - Mar 1.

I will be out of town on a business trip for the last 2 weeks of Feb, so I might not be able to offer up a full set of 10 puzzles as I had planned, but I'll do my best.

IF you enter any of the puzzle contests, be sure to watch for the Puzzle Winners thread at the end of the month.

Thanks for your participation in the puzzle contests. A total of 52 members have already submitted an entry to at least one puzzle contest. Remember, it is possible to win a prize even if you don't get a single correct answer to any puzzle, but you can't win anything if you don't play.

Top Bottom