2020 Bash Planning and check in thread.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We will use this thread for communications between us. All volunteers that will be helping with the 2020 Bash need to check in.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
This year the contests Im planning so far are.
Slimline. -Fred Bruche
Casting- mr Vic
Kitless -Darrin1200
Freestyle -MBroberg
Youth under 13
Youth 13 plus
Shop Life pictures
Puzzles - Edgar
Segmented - Mark James
Pen box
Pretty Wood pen.
Im open to suggestions if you feel a particular contest I have not listed is important or would have a strong showing for entries.

Last edited:

darrin1200

This is my first year volunteering for the bash, so I will likely have a few questions. I found Terry's (Gimpy) article on creating a poll with photos. Is there any other recommended reading before I get started in one of these?
I know there are people that have contests that they have managed in the past. If either is available, I would be willing to do the kitless or the freestyle.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Under the Forums tab >other community forums. >past event archives you will find the prior bash contests.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'm here and will do puzzles again this year. If anyone wants to help, please let me know.

Edgar

Fred Bruche

I volunteer for the Slimline contest (or any of the Youth if Slimline is taken).
So no Pretty Wood contest this time? It usually gets a decent number of entries :)

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
oops forgot that one. I added it to the list, I had it on my desktop list just didnt copy it to the thread.
Fred you can have the slim Line contest.

darrin1200

This is my first year volunteering for the bash, so I will likely have a few questions. I found Terry's (Gimpy) article on creating a poll with photos. Is there any other recommended reading before I get started in one of these?
I know there are people that have contests that they have managed in the past. If either is available, I would be willing to do the kitless or the freestyle.

I guess I should pick one of the two, so I will go with the kitless. A couple of questions.
When should we have the rules available to members? Assuming to give them time to work on entries.
Where would we post these early rules?

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I would like to have the rules posted for public review by the first week of January sooner is ok. Darrin kitless is fine, Mark If you like the segmented contest is yours.

Mr Vic

Hi, I'll help out where ever as long as Mark does the segmenting. That way he can't sweep the contest. :cool:

Hi Mark!

--------------------------------------
Per Mikes PM, I'll take the Casting Contest and if no one steps up the youth contests. Have rule for all three and can update quickly.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
When you have your rules ready, above the title of this thread is the link "thread Planning" click on it and you can post your contest rules in a new thread for review. I can them move them when we are ready for public discussion.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I would like to have the rules posted for public review by the first week of January sooner is ok. Darrin kitless is fine, Mark If you like the segmented contest is yours.

OK, I'll see what mess I can make with the segmenting contest.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi, I'll help out where ever as long as Mark does the segmenting. That way he can't sweep the contest. :cool:

Hi Mark!

Per Mikes PM, I'll take the Casting Contest and if no one steps up the youth contests. Have rule for all three and can update quickly.

I'm perfectly harmless! Hi Sir!

Mr Vic

This year the contests Im planning so far are.
Slimline. -Fred Bruche
Casting- mr Vic
Kitless -Darrin1200
Freestyle
Youth under 13
Youth 13 plus

Shop Life pictures
Puzzles - Edgar
Segmented - Mark James
Pen box
Pretty Wood pen.
Im open to suggestions if you feel a particular contest I have not listed is important or would have a strong showing for entries.
Hi Mike,

You said I had the Youth contest but on your list above you have me tagged for casting and not the youth,

Vic

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member

Hi Mark!

I thought that you were taking the Casting and the youth contests if no one else stepped up. I signed you up for casting per this post.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Shall I add your name to the youth contests as well, I was waiting for confirmation before I put your name beside them, or do you just want to do one of them?

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
what kind of help do you need Edgar?

I usually do a combination of trivia, wood identification, word find, and crossword contests for a total of about 8 to 10 contests.

If anyone has ideas for some additional or different contests, I would appreciate it.

Also, if someone would like to run one or more of the contests, that would be welcome as well.

8 to 10 contests is about all I can do, but with another person or two, we could possibly do 12 to 15.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Mike, et al

I will have a 2 week business trip to Hawaii from Jan 25 to Feb 7, so I won't be able to run any puzzle contests until the second week of Feb.

If someone wants to run a few trivia contests during the first week or so of Feb, please let me know. Otherwise puzzles will start on Feb 10 or 11.

Edgar

darrin1200

What are the thoughts about allowing multiple entries, (max 2). This is more directed to the contests that generally have few entries, such as the kitless. I know it means the potential for one person gaining to wins, but it may be offset with more entries.

If its felt to be viable, I think I would amend my rules to allow a maximum of two entries.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I will start transferring them tonight. I was reviewing the slimline and I need Fred to clarify those rules. But the rest I will move over.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Good Point Darrin. I need everyones email address they want the contest entries forwarded to.
Prizes are usually determined the first week of the contests. It depends on who donates at the last minute and what prizes are used for the donation drawing.

darrin1200

Good Point Darrin. I need everyones email address they want the contest entries forwarded to.
Prizes are usually determined the first week of the contests. It depends on who donates at the last minute and what prizes are used for the donation drawing.
I see. Someone had mentioned in another thread that they thought emails would be assigned. I'll look into finding an email.

Top Bottom